PGovernment Shutdown--Will it affect ATF in particular NFA Transfers???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, I love tossing that in the face of all the people so happy to see a gov shutdown. They're all happy joy-joy until I tell them that firearm related ATF approvals also get furloughed.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    If they would stay shut down maybe we wouldn't have to beg for a permit for NFA? I personally would love to see the ATF shut down indefinitely.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Yeah... the NICS thing was the only part I was worried about... but all is good. Still, the government shut-down is not a good thing.

Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX
    The question I have is related towards the transfer of class 3 NFA items, if this department is furloughed, it would in affect increase the backlog on Form 1, 3, & 4 transfers. In addition, did anyone think of the possiblitly of the proposed new regulations regarding NFA Trusts and CLEO sign-offs being passed and people with form 1 & form 4's "pending" being rejected due to the new rules? Sounds like there is a possibility that people who are in areas where CLEO's refuse to sign-off will be stuck with purchased NFA itmes that they cannot legally posess.

FISHSTICKER

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    French Settlement
    Called a bit ago to check status of a Form 4. Ms. Vicky explained that due to the furlough no info could be given at this time and no further progress would be made on transfers until the furlough was lifted.

Top Bottom