Phish Warning!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I received a text message directly to my cell phone, which is odd since I've used Google voice for years and rarely if ever give my direct cell number. I said "AMGB ALERT: Your CARD starting with 4309 has been DEACTIVATED. Please call 225-360-3940." A computer answers ONLY if you call with a 225 area code and hangs up if you enter a number that's not real. It came from 602-284-9617 which is a mobile that has voice mail not set up. I had to search to find out it's American Gateway Bank. I'm not a customer there so it's obviously a robo call.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    lots of that crap going around. Between that and the frickin spam calls saying they will lower your interest rates on your credit cards but give no option to discontinue calls, Im about ready to chew nails!:mad:

SlimPickins

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I am a beneficiary to the Prince, just as soon as I can send the $ 287.00 for shipping my gold will be on it's way.

What fortune he picked me

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    lots of that crap going around. Between that and the frickin spam calls saying they will lower your interest rates on your credit cards but give no option to discontinue calls, Im about ready to chew nails!:mad:

The CC scam is AFAIC learn the same douche that's been doing it and the car warranty scam for years. He just keeps changing names and it takes so long to get around to doing something about it he manages to make plenty of money off of the idiots of the world.

I recommend ALWAYS take a few moments to report them. If EVERYone ALways did they'd get bashed quicker. That includes the "Free burglar alarm" and "Free cruise" for answering a political pole. They ARE telemarketing, the free this and free that and political pole are crap that is used to cover the telemarketing aspect. Automated calling is illegal in the US and that includes the scumbags trying to sell your company a down line builder.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Form what I understand, all or most of the Credit Cards from one company all begin with the same first 4 numbers. So there could be hundreds of thousands of cards beginning with those 4 particular numbers. Doesn't do them a lick of good to know that. Now, if they know the last 4, that's a different story.

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Form what I understand, all or most of the Credit Cards from one company all begin with the same first 4 numbers. So there could be hundreds of thousands of cards beginning with number. Doesn't do them a lick of good to know that. Now, if they know the last 4, that's a different story.

That's correct and that is why he termed the message that way "starts with 4309" rather than the way your bank would actually do it "Visa that ends with 7744..." Your bank like eBay and Papal will always use your name, not "Dear customer,"

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    That's correct and that is why he termed the message that way "starts with 4309" rather than the way your bank would actually do it "Visa that ends with 7744..." Your bank like eBay and Papal will always use your name, not "Dear customer,"

Thanks for quoting my horrible typo. LOL.

Top Bottom