Pictures of the fireworks at heritage park

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Thought I'd share some of the pictures I took last night of the fireworks display. They were a lot prettier in person though. Thanks again to bravo3 for the lens :) Much nicer than my old one.

Full album here: http://www.photobucket.com/bosco2012

Some of my favorites:

XoyK6.gif

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    We ended up going there. Well, by there I mean we sat in the back of my truck across the street from Starbucks. Was a decent show. I was pleasantly surprised. Kids loved it. Then driving towards the 10 on front street the car next to me at the merge got CREAMED by the guy coming from behind. Pulled over to call the police for them and offer any assistance, but luckily everyone was ok. Two kids in the back seat with no injuries. Could have been a tragic ending to an otherwise great day.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Yea we didn't pay any money to go. Not going to pay $10 for what I can get for free ;) My g/f lives right by Slidell Jr. High so we just walked over from her house and stood on the other side of Front and watched :)

Ouch sorry to hear about the accident. Glad everyone is okay. Glad you enjoyed the show as well :)

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Thanks :) It's the lens more than the camera. It's just a Nikon D50 body that can be had for $200 or less. The lens was about $200 on its own :mamoru: All I did was set the shutter speed, left the rest to automatic, and kept snapping shots hoping to get good ones. Didn't have a tripod so the vibration reduction on the lens really helped keep things from being blurry. I can't thank bravo3 enough for splitting the lens from the package he was selling. It's freaking amazing.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    When did they start charging money for that? My grandma lives near front street, so we used to just walk down that way to watch.

Don't know when it started but I know they wanted $10 a head to enter. Lots of rules too (no pets, no ice chests, etc)

The company I shoot fireworks for did that show.

They did a great job it was a beautiful show :)

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Don't know when it started but I know they wanted $10 a head to enter. Lots of rules too (no pets, no ice chests, etc)

They did a great job it was a beautiful show :)

Yeah. $10 a person is moronic. No blankets, no pets, no coolers. Foolishness.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah. $10 a person is moronic. No blankets, no pets, no coolers. Foolishness.

Wut?

I remember visiting Heritage Park recently with my wife (I proposed to her there in '08), and they have signs up saying you can't play any sports in the park or something. Seems like they are piling on the WTF...

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Wut?

I remember visiting Heritage Park recently with my wife (I proposed to her there in '08), and they have signs up saying you can't play any sports in the park or something. Seems like they are piling on the WTF...

Yeah. I'm not paying $10 to have to buy their food, drinks, and then I can't even put a blanket on the grass. I'll sit across the street for free, thanks.

Top Bottom