Pistol lanyards

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    Does anyone know why few handguns meant for the civilian market don't have lanyard loops, either the free rotating key chain like ring or, my preference, a U shaped extension on the grip or a hole in the grip. I think the lanyard seems perfectly logical and useful for firearm retention, both in a tactical role against an adversary trying to disarm you and from dropping, and possibly losing the handgun in a trip and fall scenario. Also, does anyone know a source for lanyards? Thanks

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The Gemtech Lanyard is excellent. I have no use for lanyards unless I'm working over water or MFF. They severely restrict your ability to fight the gun.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just seems like there is a lot more potential for it to get in the way or hung up on something, than for it to actually serve a useful purpose.

If I'm disarmed, I don't think I want to be attached to the guy with the gun.

I've dropped a gun- I bent over and picked it up. Yes, on a boat, I could see that being a problem

By "MFF" are you referring to the slang definition: "Male and two Females"? ... Because, I really can't imagine it being an acronym for anything cooler than that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom