Pistol lower

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Hey guys, quick question... I bought some stripped lowers recently, and I want to build a 300 blk pistol. Do I need to register the lower as a pistol lower? Have it engraved etc? I already know the rules as far as buffer tube, stock, vfg, etc. I just don't want to be illegal even if I do build the ar pistol correctly. I am unsure about how I go from here.thanks guys!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    This should help: http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2011/11/can-i-make-an-ar-15-type-pisto.html

With respect to barreling and the assembly of pistols, if individuals utilize a receiver that has never been barreled as a rifle action, they may lawfully assemble a pistol. Such an assembled pistol would constitute a "firearm" as defined in the GCA. If an individual utilizes a receiver that has already been barreled as a rifle action in the assembly of a pistol, such an assembled pistol would constitute a "weapon made from a rifle" as defined in the NFA

ETA: Verify everything yourself. Don't take something I said or something found on the internet as truth.

CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sweet. Well I should be in good shape. My lowers are brand new. From what I've read and looked up, dedicated pistol lowers, and "virgin" lowers are acceptable. Thanks sugar bug. Your so sweet.

shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    ok with pistol buffer tube do you use the same spring and buffer as with a rifle or is there a special buffer spring and buffer im looking at ordering psa pistol buffer tube but it does say what parts to use with it

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    The buffer tube for a pistol is a dedicated buffer (not the same as a rifle or carbine). It is just a round buffer tube that threads into the lower receiver but it can have no provision for a stock to be attached. You usually use a spring and buffer suited for the cartridge being used. A 5.56 would need a spring and buffer to work with that ammo. A 9mm would use a weaker spring and lighter weight buffer. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom