Pistol Poll.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Check all that you own.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I still wish I'd gotten this dude's .40 and 357 upper half for the M&P9 I have... just out of curiosity and flexibility if nothing else. Bank account wasn't having it at the time, but damn I wanted it.

How much did he want for it all?

I know if your buying new you can almost buy a whole 40 cal pistol for what they charge for the slide only.

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    I own and shoot 9mm and 45. My every day carry is a 9mm in my pocket. I am a reloader and I own and shoot other calibers than you have listed. In ascending order .22, .25, .32, .380, .9mm, .38spl, .357, .41mag,.45acp. I currently do not load .22, .25, or .32. I am retired and I like to reload and shoot. Dave

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Why no 38 special? It's arguably carried just as much any of the other calibers. More than the niche cartridges of 357 Sig or 10mm Auto.

Dave

I think this one is just semi-autos for a reason, he hasn't asked what you carry, just what you shoot. Make a thread asking what you carry if this has you curious.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    How much did he want for it all?

I know if your buying new you can almost buy a whole 40 cal pistol for what they charge for the slide only.

It was cheap. It was a .40 slide, .357SIG barrel, and I think a couple mags, and it was significantly enough less than a gun that I was quite eager. Year and a half ago, at least, so it's long gone. Just one of those "DAMN!" moments when I was in a pinch.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I think this one is just semi-autos for a reason, he hasn't asked what you carry, just what you shoot. Make a thread asking what you carry if this has you curious.

I'm not allowed to ask a question? I meant no harm. I never said or meant to imply that I had a problem.

Dave

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm not allowed to ask a question? I meant no harm. I never said or meant to imply that I had a problem.

Dave

I never said I had a problem with you asking a question, never said you weren't allowed to. I was trying to answer your question, clarify that this wasn't about what you carry, and suggest that if you wanted the answer to that question to go ask it. There was no negativity or chastisement in my post at all. No need for hypersensitivity.

Last edited:

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood

Dave

Dave,

Here's your spoon.

big+spoon.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    9 - 40 - 45, no brainers to own these calbiers. I find 9 and 40 basically the same in the glock. Have a few oddballs in 9 and 40, safe queens really. Caliber is not really a reason not to buy a gun that I WANT.

Never bothered with a 357 sig as any platform that shoots it that I want is also available in 9 or 40. Plus I did quite a bit of reading on it and decided it did not offer enough over 40 for my uses, and ammo is more expensive.

Now 10mm has some mystery around it, and that got me interested. It is a versatile caliber, and I got into it when I planned to get into realoading (have not got around to that yet). Tried the glock 20 and did not care for it, might have revisit that platform again as I now know more about the various bullet weights than I did back then. Had a witness but preferred the 45.

Currently have a 1006 and a Para P16 (barrels for 40 and 10mm). I really like 3rd gen smiths, especially that one and the 4506. Shoot them better than other single stack fullsize guns. The para is setup as a limited gun, but I like to shoot it as is, and the magwell and sights would not cause me issue if I open carried it (well maybe the continuous questions from gawkers would bother me).

Plus there was a quote about 10mm being able to vaporize up to X number of yards then still having enough power at a mile to kick dirt in my face and sleep with my wife. I figured if it was that powerful I had to have something that shot it.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I find it amusing that people posted in the thread what the voted for in the poll. I'm guessing most just don't know what a poll is. The education system in this country is apparently further gone than I had thought.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Everything but the 10mm for me. :)

I prefer a .44 Mag over the 10mm for hunting, myself.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Pleasantly surprised .45 > .40 around here (thus far), but sad to see .357 Sig > 10mm considering it offers little to nothing over .40.

1, 3, & 5 for me.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    1, 2 and 3. I have multiple 9's but I'm really moving toward preferring the .40. The .45 is nice, but not impressed enough to push over .40. I have no experience with the .357 SIG.

I may be an oddball, but I'm ok with that.

Top Bottom