Pistol Powders

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    I'm starting to get a little nervous with the stock of pistol powder, down to 2# Bullseye, 1# win 231 and 1/2 # Unique. Pretty much all I use and can't locate ANYWHERE! This is worse than 22 lr, I guess folks are buying and hoarding.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I got some Hodgdon CFE Pistol at Lafayette shooters supply yesterday. I loaded some rounds this morning and will try it out. I have never shot this powder, but it is a fine grain and measures accurately from my powder measure. You have to use what you can find these days.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    If you charge your cases at 5 grains each, that's about 4900 rounds. Unless you're shooting 1000 rounds per day there's no need to panic while you look for more powder.

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    I shoot 200-400 rnds a week. 45ACP 5gr Bullseye , 1400 rounds, 5.5 gr Unique, 1272 rounds, 38 w/c 3 gr bullseye 2330 rounds.. Been using these same loads a long time. Very efficient with them all and don't want to research new powders.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I too prefer using tried and true powders and loads versus load development for whatever I can find.

If you have access to a computer during the day, www.gunbot.net is your best friend for finding powder.

I noticed some Titegroup for sale recently one minute after the bot listed it…the vendor, someone I had never heard of, had 16,700 1# jugs in stock. After five minutes, it was down to 700 jugs, and I bought 10. Within 10 minutes later, it was sold out. Got the powder in last week and I'm GTG for a while. I was relieved because I can't remember when the last time anyone I deal with has had some Titegroup.

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Just looked at Gunbroker for Bullseye, 4# current bid $250 plus $40 Haz mat fee and shipping, 10 hrs to go. Some people are crazy and some should be shot!

Top Bottom