Playstation 4 Who got one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Started today. Allot of places had midnight openings last night. People started camping out yesterday morning.

I hope that I am not getting screwed by Amazon. I signed up to be notified when they are ready to ship 2 months ago. They sent the reply last night and it did not have any indication that I could order it yet!?!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Despite my friends best efforts, I abstained. I'm calling it quits on the console gaming system until my kid is old enough to save his allowance/chore/holiday money and buy one himself.

Trying to 'detach' myself from technology and TVs/Monitors a bit, when I'm at home.

But I've been watching the demo videos and been pretty damned impressed with some of the advances. I look at a lot of the stuff and think about what could be done with it to advance other fields. Such as the Kinect advancing the 3d-scanning hobbyist by providing relatively high resolution cameras that can record positional data. Since it's so (relatively) cheap to be able to get Kinect hardware, lots of people have been bastardizing it into other applications.

Skip to about 2:00 on this video and this is where **** gets really interesting to me:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I hope that I am not getting screwed by Amazon. I signed up to be notified when they are ready to ship 2 months ago. They sent the reply last night and it did not have any indication that I could order it yet!?!

If you didn't preorder and pay you're screwed as pre orders sold out a couple weeks ago.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Tell it like it is!

pu8na6cjjco58g7bl8kd.png

Enough Said!

Peace B with U!

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    The news was interviewing some guy that bought one and was planning to flip it for a $1000 profit. E-bay is filling up with them. Playstation, the new Pmag.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I'm impressed. Gaming sure has changed since the days when I used to play Asteroids and Stargate Defender at the local game room.

but not impressed enough to stay inside and play games when I could be out running around in the woods.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    The news was interviewing some guy that bought one and was planning to flip it for a $1000 profit. E-bay is filling up with them. Playstation, the new Pmag.

It amazes me that some will pay it instead of waiting a couple weeks. I want one but I'm waiting to see if there are any major issues because I got burned when the 360 came out. I think both the xbox and ps4 will probably have some growing pains. We'll see which one is worst.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I would let another person jam a wireless controller up my ass before I paid a cent more than they are retailing for. What morons!

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I have plans eventually, but not for at least a year.

Aside from the retail nonsense people have mentioned, this is the best time for PS3 titles and the worst time for the PS4 console. Grand Theft Auto 5 and Rocksmith 2014 just released on PS3, and Gran Turismo 6 and Bandfuse are due momentarily. The first consoles always come out in the clunkiest housing, have the least available memory of the run, are most prone to hardware/firmware issues, and being untested have the highest likelihood of game engine instability.

My guess is the next Elder Scrolls/Skyrim game will force my hand, so I hope they take at least a year or so to develop a consistent engine for this new platform.

Top Bottom