Poisoning dogs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I ran into someone today that lives in neighborhood that crime is increasing rapidly. Last month his truck was stolen, the month before his shed broken into, a neighbor had a home burglary, etc... in the last two weeks a half dozen of his neighbors have found their dogs dead. Is poisoning dogs now something criminals do before increasing burglaries, etc in an area?!?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I ran into someone today that lives in neighborhood that crime is increasing rapidly. Last month his truck was stolen, the month before his shed broken into, a neighbor had a home burglary, etc... in the last two weeks a half dozen of his neighbors have found their dogs dead. Is poisoning dogs now something criminals do before increasing burglaries, etc in an area?!?

If you need an alarm system let me know

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    People who do that are very SICK people, Put up some Cams. and bust the SOB"S

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    NOT ME! I'd be on a shooting spree for sure if they poisoned our dog! Someone I know that lives off River Road in St John.

I have a good alarm system (wireless even covers the shed). I'm near Lafreniere Park area.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Poisioning my dog =CAP IN YOUR A$$

VERY SIMPLE Poision my dog and you will suffer from LEAD POISIONING yourself PERIOD.

bullit.jpg
    [/IMG]

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    all the tough talk scares me. I wonder if burglars peruse gun forums, befriend people to learn the real names behind the reel? You know so they don't kill the dog of someone who will shoot them with lead poisoning.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    My dog was acting sluggish yesterday and was extremely weak this morning, before she passed away. :wtc: She was 12 years old, tho... if she had been poisoned, she would have been sick, right?

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    On a related note...

How would you go about training a dog not to eat or drink anything "foreign"?

Should you do this since there is a chance the dog will suffer when its normal way of eating is interrupted?

Any other way to prevent poisoning?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If this is the next step in burglary prep, why can't we just explain to these worthless piles of s**t that if they spent as much time seeking fortune in America as they do scheming to steal s**t, they would be wealthy enough not to.

Tolerance is burning low!

I feel it out there. We are all getting ready to snap on these society dregs in general.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    On a related note...

Should you do this since there is a chance the dog will suffer when its normal way of eating is interrupted?

Easy: supervise them while they are outside. They should know the command "Leave It!". Dogs are like young children, you wouldn't let your 5 year old run amok in the yard or god forbid run all over the neighborhood without watching them, so why let a dog?

Other than that, there is no way to keep them from eating a foreign food like object. I say "foreign" because you Can train them (I have two dogs) to leave the other's food bowl alone even if you're not watching it, but it's a long proccess.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My dog was acting sluggish yesterday and was extremely weak this morning, before she passed away. :wtc: She was 12 years old, tho... if she had been poisoned, she would have been sick, right?

Typically they act "drunk". Very lethargic, loss of balance, vomiting. Those are the signs of antifreeze poisoning. Not that I go around poisoning dogs... I'm an operator in an ethylene glycol (antifreeze) unit.

Here is more specific info on antifreeze poisoning symptoms in cats and dogs.
    http://knowledgecloset.com/2011/03/30/symptoms-of-antifreeze-poisoning-in-dogs-and-cats/

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    On a related note...

Only book I know of I used in the early 70's , Bill Kohlers Guard Dog Training, IDK if it even is still in print, they covered that...I never did it, his other methods worked well on what I did.

Still, a hongery dog is like a horney dog...it ain't foolproof

I'd rather see the poisoner caught an prosecuted ( by me )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom