Pole saw

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    It cut alright for $15 and 1" limbs. The biggest problem I had was when you extend that thing makes it hard to hold and hard to get leverage. It will require some elbow use.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I ended up buying the Remington. Seemed like a good bang for the buck. And I like the fact that you can take it apart and use it like a conventional chain saw, for the low branches on my mini magnolias that line my driveway.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I ended up buying the Remington. Seemed like a good bang for the buck. And I like the fact that you can take it apart and use it like a conventional chain saw, for the low branches on my mini magnolias that line my driveway.

How did it work? Well made?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    How did it work? Well made?

Just tried it out today. Made quick work of the branches. Branches were roughly 1-4 inches thick, sliced through them like butter. Like some of the amazon reviews say, it's a little heavy (about 10 lbs) and it's all towards the front (vs rear on a gas powered one). I'm fairly weak but I was able to extend it, place the blade where I want it, and let the unit use it's own weight to cut the branches off. Very quick cuts, less than 1 sec for the inch thick branches, and the thicker branches just a few seconds (beats having to saw at it by hand). Plus after the branches fell, I can unscrew the chainsaw from the pole and use it as a chain saw to cut down the branches to small enough sizes in case I wanted to slowly add it to my trash can through out the next few weeks.

But before I try to throw it in the trash. Does anyone know where I can legally dump the branches? I live in Orleans parish, Algiers to be specific.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just tried it out today. Made quick work of the branches. Branches were roughly 1-4 inches thick, sliced through them like butter. Like some of the amazon reviews say, it's a little heavy (about 10 lbs) and it's all towards the front (vs rear on a gas powered one). I'm fairly weak but I was able to extend it, place the blade where I want it, and let the unit use it's own weight to cut the branches off. Very quick cuts, less than 1 sec for the inch thick branches, and the thicker branches just a few seconds (beats having to saw at it by hand). Plus after the branches fell, I can unscrew the chainsaw from the pole and use it as a chain saw to cut down the branches to small enough sizes in case I wanted to slowly add it to my trash can through out the next few weeks.

But before I try to throw it in the trash. Does anyone know where I can legally dump the branches? I live in Orleans parish, Algiers to be specific.

Bon fire not an option? Do they not pick it up if you throw them by the road in your front yard?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Bon fire not an option? Do they not pick it up if you throw them by the road in your front yard?

I don't think Orleans allows that, and if they do, I'm not sure if my neighborhood does. I live in one of those snotty HOA's that have rules on everything. And I remember reading something about landscaping debris having to but cut to certain size and thrown in a bag I think.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I don't think Orleans allows that, and if they do, I'm not sure if my neighborhood does. I live in one of those snotty HOA's that have rules on everything. And I remember reading something about landscaping debris having to but cut to certain size and thrown in a bag I think.

I could see tying branches into a bundle,
    but puttin' em in a bag makes no sense.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Aww, That's easy, Just like putting socks on a Rooster.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I could see tying branches into a bundle,
    but puttin' em in a bag makes no sense.

I've done it before, get a couple tears here and there, but yea it's a pain. I was hoping maybe there was somewhere near by that would let me dump it. I looked up "dumps" and seems like the closest one is in Avondale. And I work M-F when they are open. My buddy said Jefferson parish has one, but you have to have a JP ID. Also I don't own a truck, I have a large SUV and the last time I hauled anything, it ended up having bugs in my car.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've done it before, get a couple tears here and there, but yea it's a pain. I was hoping maybe there was somewhere near by that would let me dump it. I looked up "dumps" and seems like the closest one is in Avondale. And I work M-F when they are open. My buddy said Jefferson parish has one, but you have to have a JP ID. Also I don't own a truck, I have a large SUV and the last time I hauled anything, it ended up having bugs in my car.

Bon fire bro. Roast some s'mores and take pictures!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I will pass! Besides, I dont have any Roosters! Heck, I dont even have any hens! :D

So find someone who has roosters, sneak into their yard (with a clown suit on), and try to put socks on said roosters. Duh! Don't forget to video it. C'mon dude...you know how this works...

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    So find someone who has roosters, sneak into their yard (with a clown suit on), and try to put socks on said roosters. Duh! Don't forget to video it. C'mon dude...you know how this works...

I forget, sometimes at my age the alzhemiers sets in and takes control. Do you think the clown suit will sedate the roosters long enough to allow me to put socks on them?

PS: Got a video camera I can borrow? :mamoru:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I forget, sometimes at my age the alzhemiers sets in and takes control. Do you think the clown suit will sedate the roosters long enough to allow me to put socks on them?

PS: Got a video camera I can borrow? :mamoru:

Certainly understandable. Hmm...maybe? Maybe you should just move fast though.

Just use your phone :]

Top Bottom