Police opened fire on the vehicles in a case of mistaken identity

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    For the 2nd shooting, the driver was told to turn around by cop #1 b/c of a crime scene ahead.
    As he was turning around, cop #2 pulls up, rammed his Honda and started shooting.:p

WIN! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sorry I can't stop laughing.

Look at the guy with his hand on his forehead and imagine him thinking, "How in the hell am I going to explain this ****?" :mamoru:

Yea right, more like "I'M F.ING DEAD!!!"

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Look at the guy with his hand on his forehead and imagine him thinking, "How in the hell am I going to explain this ****?" :mamoru:

No, he's an investigator wearing a suit, looking at it after the fact and thinking, "What the fu@k were those Unies thinking?"

Or, he's Risk Management, looking at it and thinking, "This settlement's gonna cost us my salary for the next 100 years."

Or, he's a city official thinking, "Valejo thought they had it bad."

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I would say.......Only in California......I'll leave this one alone only to say. I wonder how much **** those officers will be in !!!

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Could be buckshot, though. :doh:

On a serious note, this has to be an absolute nightmare for the local agencies out there. This guy named names, and threatened their familes- their children (killed his superior's daughter). I sure hope they catch a break and run him down sooner rather than later.

No problem. If they kill enough folks, they'll eventually get him.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Now let's take this quote into consideration with the photo posted above..

I wonder how many ****-talking Tactical Toms I've seen posting about this online wouldn't be a bit on edge and prone to catching the contagious shooting when dealing with a situation like that.

Also, at the end of the day the citizens are alive and will be compensated.

HELL, I'd let LAPD shoot me for money. No hard feelings after my full recovery.

And if the innocent bystander citizens were dead because these cops were better shots that would make it different?

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    No they really don't not when u factor in cost of living. I have a friend who's a cop in San Fran. His base is 110k a year. When he told me that I said he'll where is my app!?! The cheap houses in his 'hood are $900k. NYPD rookies make just over $25k base for their first 2 years. Try to find an apt in the city on that budget.

I have family in NY and it has got to be the highest cost of living nationwide.

Matchgrade

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Red Stick
    I drove a white Chevy extended cab pickup during the time Derrick Todd Lee was prowling the streets. I always prayed I wouldn't get shot during the many times I was pulled over for no reason. Having a cc permit helped speed up the stops though.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Looks like the LA Shooter has his ex-brothers rattled just a bit huh? They shoot at a vehicle because it looks like his?? IMO this shows that Dorner is at least correct in saying that the LAPD was still in need of reform. If you don't agree with me just ask the two white women in the truck that the LAPD mistook for one 240 pound black man. That is, if they haven't died from their gunshot wounds yet. Those cops need to be thrown in jail with the general population for a few days.

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    Looks like the LA Shooter has his ex-brothers rattled just a bit huh? They shoot at a vehicle because it looks like his?? IMO this shows that Dorner is at least correct in saying that the LAPD was still in need of reform. If you don't agree with me just ask the two white women in the truck that the LAPD mistook for one 240 pound black man. That is, if they haven't died from their gunshot wounds yet. Those cops need to be thrown in jail with the general population for LIFE.
    Fixed it for ya

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    But really, the actions by LEO in these two shootings give this nut job a valid point according to his manifesto. He states that his former fellow PD would basically shoot first, brag, and wait for the overtime due to court and counseling. THEY are playing his game, and if it keeps up, he will probably have some people on his side soon.

I sure hope they rise above the accusations and serve the public how they should.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    i can't help but wonder how something like this would turn out in a different place.

Imagine....you are driving along....come upon a road block. cop tells you to back up. You comply. Your truck gets rammed from behind. Someone shoots at you. You return fire instinctively <you know you've done nothing wrong> ....and get hits on a cop that was trigger happy.

Are you wrong?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Not at all wrong. But you'll probably still go to prison.

Situation ain't that different than a no-knock warrant

Last edited:

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Negative. We had guys pop off. The whole convoy didnt open up because of it. Was this a problem in your unit?

/shrug

If not you personally, people who are otherwise reasonable professionals can have it happen to them. I'm not saying it's okay or no big deal, just that it's understandable how these scenarios ended up playing out the way they did. I'm seeing comments attached to different sites' articles that paint the shootings out to be completely incomprehensible criminal acts worthy of life imprisonment or capital punishment, and it's disgusting that there are people out there who truly believe the police that shot the vehicles should be put to death.

And if the innocent bystander citizens were dead because these cops were better shots that would make it different?

Yes, I'd say that would make a great deal of difference.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    i can't help but wonder how something like this would turn out in a different place.

Imagine....you are driving along....come upon a road block. cop tells you to back up. You comply. Your truck gets rammed from behind. Someone shoots at you. You return fire instinctively <you know you've done nothing wrong> ....and get hits on a cop that was trigger happy.

Are you wrong?

Sure you would be wrong!! By the time the story came out they would have totally fabricated a fake crime and YOU would be the perp. You would most likely be the star of another school shooting or something. Don't you watch CNN? :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom