Pondering Trigger Pull Excess

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampjockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Cut Off, LA
    I was wondering. Yes I do that sometimes. Why does it seem that many of today's handguns and rifles seem to have a ridiculously excessive trigger pull. Is it for safety's sake ? Some other reason ? We shot my buddy's LCP yesterday and could not believe how hard it was to pull back, not to mention the amount of trigger travel. I believe it's set at 8 lbs. It's near impossible to keep the red dot on the bullseye when you're fighting against the trigger. My 10/22 is now set at 2.5 lbs. My Glock 27, Benelli and mini 14 all at 3.5 . S7W model 645 at 5 lbs. To me that makes all the difference when it comes to accuracy.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    You cannot compare guns that are designed to be concealed carry pieces to guns that were made to target shoot.

Of course the trigger pull on an LCP is going to be ridiculously hard and long, it has to be. Who wants to be worried about a light trigger when you're carrying said gun in a pocket or purse?

It's all about safety vs. match accuracy.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    In my opinion 4.5lbs is the absolute minimum trigger weight allowable in a defensive handgun. Often times people make the mistake of trying to correct software problems with new hardware, in this case ultralight triggers. It's a poor band aid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom