Poplarville 3gun this weekend.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    That time again, P'ville 3gun. The mover (unless someone trashes it between now and then) is up and running. We should have 4 stages.

You know the drill, know your hold overs and zero. You will need a few slugs, no buckshot, no high brass. No slings this week.

Reminder, this match is NOT USPSA, our rules are a bit different, so go to the website and read them before shooting a stage and then saying "I didn't know that".
    Everyone needs to stay with the squad until it's through with the stage. If you walk off, ghost a different stage, miss the stage brief because you were somewhere else, don't complain because you get penalties for shooting it wrong.

Hope to see ya there.

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    Well, three stages are almost completely set up, fourth is partially. Mover is still there. You will need at least 3 slugs. Be prepared to shoot, and move, and shoot some more. :D Two 3gun stages, and two 2gun stages. We will try something new for shotgun.

Weather is looking good, should be cool early morning.

Hope to see ya there. :draw:

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    image.png

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    My single shot 12G and my SKS carbine are good enough to use, right?

Kidding. See you guys tomorrow, with real guns... that I haven't shot in a very long time... :eek3:

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    Thanks to everyone that came out. Thanks for all the help with set up and tear down. Good to see all those faces we haven't seen in a while, and all the new shooters too. I hope today rekindled that
    desire to throw lead and smell gun powder. :)

Thanks to BJ for the stages and scoring.

I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Merry Christmas to all you 3 gunners.

BJ and I have are considering doing the Jan. match a bit differently. We are considering letting folks swap gear/guns between stages, a real multigun match. Irons/dot on one, scope on another, or maybe 1x4 on a close stage, 4x12 on a longer one? Use a long range precision rifle in one stage, maybe an sbr for another close up stage. A short shotgun on one, a longer one on a field stage. Not sure if we will, but let us know what you think. A friend that sponsors a big match mentioned to me a while back that he had wanted to put on a big match like that, and I've been thinking about it since. ??? Not sure if it will work on a 4 stage match. Any interest???

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I wouldn't mind I think I'd be fun, that's what we're out there for, that and bragging rites, I should have a little silenced rifle in the next six months I'd love to play with!

Here's something else to think about, a hybrid heavy metal
    If someone wants to shoot a AR10 (me) sometimes, gets the rifle scored like heavy metal A/C neutralizes, it gets pricey sending two per

I just want to see a few more people show up and play, what ever it takes

The new guys hooked! On the ride up he was talking about buying a cheap semi auto shotgun, the ride home was Benelli, belt, scope and all the other.gear he's going to need

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks Buzz for another fun match.

I'm all for having a stage gun or two to change things up, but you don't want to get too complicated with a whole match of that sort of stuff. Every time there's a question or a problem with a stage gun is going to take up your time.

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    Thanks Buzz for another fun match.

I'm all for having a stage gun or two to change things up, but you don't want to get too complicated with a whole match of that sort of stuff. Every time there's a question or a problem with a stage gun is going to take up your time.

We're not talking about stage guns. We're talking about you bringing an assortment, and you having the choice of you're own different weapon depending on what you think you can shoot the stage best with. Run what ya brung, and go for it.

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    We're not talking about stage guns. We're talking about you bringing an assortment, and you having the choice of you're own different weapon depending on what you think you can shoot the stage best with. Run what ya brung, and go for it.

Hummmmm.....time to get the M60 out??? :flamed:
    (if I ever get to come out and play :wtc:

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    thanks to Bill and Wayne for setting up and doing the final tear down...

it's always a great 3 gun match in Poplarville! I was very happy with the long distance rifle stages and even the short ones, heck, i was happy with all the stages with rifles in it! now if only i can keep better count of paper targets vs steel targets.

i'd like to try the extra extra long rifle shots again, something to the sound of 500+ yards, i recall not being able to hit anything but dirt and rocks... but with my recent shootings out to 200+, i'm feeling extra el-confidento

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    It was great shooting with everyone! Can't wait for the next one - I'll even have my own rifle! Sorry Adam and I had to leave early.

Already counting days till next match!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom