Poplarville USPSA followed by a Rifle Match this Sunday....Right?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    The schedule says that we are having a USPSA match in Poplarville followed by a rifle match this Sunday, Dec 11th. We are coming and bringing some new folks. We may be looking to borrow an AR, if anyone has one to loan.

Thanks, Chris

bjinpass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Yes, we are planning to shoot rifle as a separate match AFTER the morning pistol match. Wayne won't be there but we will do 3 stages of rifle, if enough shooters stay.

chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Ok, I am bringing three rifle shooters, myself, Carter, and a friend. There is and outside chance that Haydn might show up too. All of us will also shoot the USPSA match.

cookiemonster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Vidalia, La
    I didn't see it on the calender, what time does everything start? What is the entry fee and about how many rounds do i need to bring? Also, we have never been there, what is the address? Planning on two of us coming, Thanks. nevermind, i found the info

Last edited:

chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    The website is http://www.smsps.com/SMPSA.htm There are directions and costs on the site. The goal is to have the rifle match end at 3 PM. I've been told to bring 75 rounds for the rifle, and I always bring 150 pistol for the typical 5 stage USPSA match. I've never run out,and have had some reshoots in there.

Show time is 830 for pistol, with the rifle to start after the conclusion of the pistol match.

bjinpass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    The rifle ONLY match will start after the pistol match concludes. They are separate and you don't have to shoot one to shoot the other. There is a seperate fee of $5 for the rifle match, and there are normally 3 stages. Round count almost never exceeds one magazine (30 rds.) per stage and is usually less. Bring 125 and you will be safe even with a reshoot.

With 5 stages for pistol, we should get started with rifle by 1 PM. We will utilize the pistol stages to some extent, so setup is minimal.

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    I'm there....at least for the pistol part....shooting the SS again so feel free to come watch and laugh at my many reloads!!!

chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Brandon, believe it or not, my SS gun is at the gunsmith. The ejector broke at the Gator. However, knowing that you are shooting SS, I wish I had it back! Bob B. might be shooting SS, he usually comes...

I'll be shooting my EAA Witness in Limited.

KZ45,

Buzzworm is letting me borrow one of his ARs, so that is 2 rifles for 3 shooters, so we should be ok, but thanks for the offer.

bjinpass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    The USPSA match will only be 4 stages on Sunday because of the absence of one of the club officers. Also, we want to get the rifle match started earlier rather than later.

bjinpass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Results are posted

The results for the pistol and rifle match have been posted at the club site at:

http://www.smsps.com/smpsa.htm

The scores are alos on the USPSA web site under club MS10.

The match winners:

Open - Max Michel
    Limited - Joel Senia
    Production - Michael McDonald
    Revolver - Mike Payne
    Single Stack - Bryant Willett

Rifle - Bryant Willett

Sorry for the delay. It was a loooonnng day!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom