Possible problem with neighbors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    I own 36 acres near my home we have a travel trailer there and go "camping" there quite often. I also have done some shooting there as well. I had it set up that I was shooting into a creek bottom. The first time that we shot more than normal the Sheriff's dept. showed up saying that the neighbors said that there were bullets flying by thier house. The Deputee said that there was no way that bullets were going anywhere but where we were shooting. He saw that I had railroad ties piled up and he asked what those were for, I told him that was for a backstop. He said that if we put up a backstop they would come and take pictures of it then they would have it on file and wouldn't come back unless there was a real problem. That evening we put up the backstop and haven't really done any shooting since. That was several months back. Now the problem I'm having. The neighbor (woman) works as a dispacher for 911 and her husband works as a city policeman. I checked the game cameras yesterday and I was suprised to see the neighbor woman walking around on my land with pistol in hand. My wife and I were out of state at the time, I haven't confronted her or her husband about this as I haven't noticed anything out of place. I DO have no tresspassing signs at every entrance of our land and several surrounding our land. I am quite sure that I will confront them about this as nicely as possible because we are going to build a house there next year and they will be our neighbors. Any input on this matter will surely be concidered.
    Tresspasser.jpg

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Uhm...I would talk to them about it. Letting them get used to being able to come and go on your land at their will isn't a good idea. Also, you could always find out what she is doing waking on your property with a pistol in hand.

Unclee1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If it hasn't already gotten out of hand...why don't you invite them over to do some shooting against your backstop? Seems like once they see your setup, they would be OK w/ you shooting.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Sure when confronted she will say she was on a morning stroll or being nice to make sure nobody is on your land. Everything dealing with neighbors is always a pain. All I can say is before you say something ask yourself how far you want to go with it. I would save the pics and continue to monitor without saying anything. Once they think you know something your cameras may start to come up missing

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Seems like hypocritical people, people that complain about you shooting then they will gladly go and utilize your land.... I hate people that feel they can do as they want becasue they hold "special" jobs... If your going to build there you will need to talk to them about respecting your property lines, and there really isnt anythign they can do about your shooting habits... I think it would be time to buy a slidefire for your AR and let loose...

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Maybe she likes your nice new backstop. :draw:

[sarcasm]The backstop was there, and no one was using it. So I should have the right to use it.[/sarcasm]

Or maybe she is just walking for exercise and the pistol was for critters.
    (Depending on how far onto your property the picture was taken)

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I really don't see any real problem.

I see a woman packing...Like some should and she could very well be going to do a little practice shooting.

It would however be real real nice if she called first, Could be a good thing if she's checking out your place for you, May want to factor in that also.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Dude....I didn't read the article- but that's pretty damn cool that you went shooting with Penn Gillette!!! :cheers:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Dude....I didn't read the article- but that's pretty damn cool that you went shooting with Penn Gillette!!! :cheers:
    zUpGb.gif

dustyk70, Put a note on the backstop that reads "Be warned a neighbor called Law on me for shooting into this backstop and lied saying that bullets went across their property. Shoot at your own risk! If you are that neighbor stand in front of backstop" j/j :D

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I really don't see any real problem.

You don't see a problem with a person walking around on private property while brandishing a weapon...all without permission?

I see a woman packing...Like some should and she could very well be going to do a little practice shooting.

Packing Illegally that is...shooting a gun on private property without permission...yikes

It would however be real real nice if she called first, Could be a good thing if she's checking out your place for you, May want to factor in that also.

She should definitely call first and ask for permission, especially considering everything she is doing.

just my 2 cents

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    No, It's not all that long ago when we had open range in this state,Well at least on the west side of the state.
    East side..not so much, It however was in good taste to ask permission from the land owner.
    I had one old land owner that we ask permission to hunt his back 160 acre's, His reply..Shoot all the damn crow's you can and your welcome back if you do..

Notice her finger placement ? Old gal may just know what she's doing !

You don't see a problem with a person walking around on private property while brandishing a weapon...all without permission?

Packing Illegally that is...shooting a gun on private property without permission...yikes

She should definitely call first and ask for permission, especially considering everything she is doing.

just my 2 cents

Top Bottom