POTUS disarms Marines....unbelieveable.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Didn't see anyone post this previouisly yet, if so, mods please remove. I just got off the phone and a friend told me about it and had to look it up for myself and it appears to be true. How do you military or former military, especially you Marines, feel about this?? This to me is a damn insult to the uniform....Why would they do that??? Does he distrust/hate our military that much?? This is one POS POTUS we have.:mad:

http://www.infowars.com/obama-disarmed-marines-during-inauguration/

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    so is this the first time they have removed the bolts for parade?

I always thought "parade" weapons were disabled.

And Bush was always respected... :rofl:

Last edited:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    It's not surprising...He is now basicly showing he is scared shitless.....LMAO....! What a slap in the face to our Marines/armed services though !!!

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well how far "down" do you trust someone. How about LEO's along the route? Were they held in a "safe" status until it was over? Last thing I'd want to be is a unarmed LEO. Oh wait! That's how he wants us!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    OK, so maybe not the Pres himself but Secret Service?? Point is it was done and was wondering how the military folks feel about that and has this been done with past Presidents?? If so, I never heard of it. I just get the feeling that somebody doesn't trust the military, kinda like Hitler disarming officers at High Command meetings...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Meh...I mean does it really matter at this point?

This dude surprises me about every other week with something preposterous so this really isn't shocking.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Old hat. I heard it before. Not unusual for the secret service to not allow weapons except for theirs around the sitting president.

Dave

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I thought parade weapons were ceremonial rifles, like realistic-looking color guard guns.

Regardless, I'm betting it's more to do with the head of the Secret Service on that detail than anything. I mean, it's not like the White House is a mom'n'pop shop - there's a lot of inter-operation with agencies, and lots of "middle management" - I doubt the POTUS has enough time in the day to say enough words to answer all the questions/concerns that come up in order to run that ship. Delegation is required...

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    All others have had firing pins removed. So people are now upset that they rifles are visually disabled.

No one is upset that this multi million dollar event, paid for by you and me, is just one big media PR gig and the real one is done behind closed doors the day before.

If the media wants a big party, maybe they should pay for it? Just my logic. Not like we aren't in uncharted debt territory.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    All others have had firing pins removed. So people are now upset that they rifles are visually disabled.

No one is upset that this multi million dollar event, paid for by you and me, is just one big media PR gig and the real one is done behind closed doors the day before.

If the media wants a big party, maybe they should pay for it? Just my logic. Not like we aren't in uncharted debt territory.

It has been done this way since before there were televisions. It is a ceremony. You're saying the media should pay for American traditions... Doesn't make much sense.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I thought parade weapons were ceremonial rifles, like realistic-looking color guard guns.

Regardless, I'm betting it's more to do with the head of the Secret Service on that detail than anything. I mean, it's not like the White House is a mom'n'pop shop - there's a lot of inter-operation with agencies, and lots of "middle management" - I doubt the POTUS has enough time in the day to say enough words to answer all the questions/concerns that come up in order to run that ship. Delegation is required...

......and since he and everyone else in his administration and his party, had no idea what was in the pathetic health care bill for example, delegating to a trained Secret Service head, would be one of the least stupid thing he's done.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    It has been done this way since before there were televisions. It is a ceremony. You're saying the media should pay for American traditions... Doesn't make much sense.

Eh. Got any cost comparisons w/ inflation? Contrast those with our current economic situation.

Treadwisely

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Puerto Rican National guardsmen were disarmed when Bush came to visit post-Katrina. Didn't make them happy but it makes sense from a secret service standpoint.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom