POTUS reveals new executive order...ALERT!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    According to my laywer, a major gun collector and gunsmith it's ********. You can do anything to your own property. If you work on someone else's gun your breaking the law. But he was drunk today when he explained it to me so who freaking knows

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Your Lawyer is right for the most part
    This new ruling affects anybody doing work for hire. This will shut down many new gunsmiths and prevent most start-ups

The new ruling can prevent you from buying parts without paying the $2,250
    The DDTC can claim that any person, gunsmith or not, can say they don't charge for work done, they only accept donations. Now anybody buying any gun part has to pay the $2,250

This already happened with ivory. The head guy for the US Fish & Wildlife Service said ' If we allow antique ivory, everything will become an antique'.
    He outright banned all ivory by just saying that.

I'm sure it won't work again.

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Come to think of it, your lawyer isn't even close to being right.
    Try setting your property on fire and see where that gets you

If your property is a firearm, make it fully-automatic and tell the ATF to go pound sand. You can do whatever you want with your property

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I believe this is a distraction ploy. If he thinks he can make law then some questions need to be raised! Executive orders look like toilet paper to me!

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Yep
    And the DDTC goes even further on this insanity
    You can't do anything to improve accuracy or performance

Using the automobile analogy, you can't put better tires on your truck. It would improve the performance

The DDTC clearly states only part-for-part, drop-in only replacement parts can be used

The State Department just made the 2nd Amendment null and void

What's really sad is some Fudds have figured it but the NRA, GOA and other organizations have yet to figure it out
    This new ruling gets everybody. It's only for gunsmiths today but it'll be for everybody with their next ruling

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    According to my laywer, a major gun collector and gunsmith it's ********. You can do anything to your own property. If you work on someone else's gun your breaking the law. But he was drunk today when he explained it to me so who freaking knows

Sounds like his alcohol was talkin......

It's only for gunsmiths today but it'll be for everybody with their next ruling

That is a fact! Hitlery will seal this deal if elected.

Last edited:

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Nathan Hale
    I'm not trying to be rude, I'm starting a new gunshop and don't need to make enemies with anybody, especially on this forum, but what you're saying is wrong

The DDTC says manufacturing is defined as cutting, drilling and machining
    The DDTC says you cannot thread a barrel for a muzzle brake or chamber a barrel blank
    The DDTC says you can do a repair if it's part-for-part with a drop-in only
    All this is explicitly stated in the letter. Also you can't do any stock work

What you said was right
    this new interpretation does not require any exportation nor even an intent to export.

This means everyone.
    The 'in the business' is subjective and open to interpretation. Whose going to do the interpreting? The DDTC?
    I can already tell you how that's going to work out

Last edited:

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I'm sorry, but if I want to cut down my stock, or thread my barrel, I'm gonna do it. How the hell can big brother know what I did, when I did it, or if I did it myself at all.
    Kinda like gutting the cats on my LS. Yep, I did it. Not supposed to, but I can still get a inspection sticker.
    How do they think theyb wI'll ever enforce this law?

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Received an email from Brownells today concerning this.

Contact link
    https://www.nssf.org/GovRel/takeAction.cfm?alertID=252953

Dear Brownells Customer,
    There is PROMISING NEWS to report in the continued fight to fend off regulatory overreaches affecting gunsmiths and industry professionals by the Obama administration.

As you’ll undoubtedly remember, the Department of Defense Trade Controls office earlier this year issued confusing guidance adversely affecting tens of thousands of gunsmiths by requiring them pay a $2,250 registration fee with the DDTC.

The PROMISING NEWS is our legislators have heard from all of us. Just recently, Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA) filed H.R. 6176, The Export Control Reform Act along with 68 bipartisan cosponsors.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) summarizes the bill as follows:

"The Export Control Reform Act of 2016, if enacted, will transfer export licensing for commercial products from State to Commerce, where it is more appropriately equipped to control the exportation of these consumer products and remove the costly and unduly burdensome registration fee. This would streamline the licensing process, provide greater flexibility for multi-year licensing, and save gunsmiths and all manufacturers of handguns and rifles $2,250 every year. Additionally, it would allow the State Department to place greater focus on those sensitive articles that would remain on the U.S. Munitions List that are inherently military in nature or provide a critical military or intelligence advantage to the U.S."

This bill is not yet law! It desperately needs the support of you, your friends, family and coworkers. Frank and I promise to keep the pressure on our legislators and we need you to do the same.

We ask you to contact your Member of Congress immediately and respectfully urge your member to support H.R. 6176, the Export Control Reform Act of 2016. You can call 202-225-3121 and email them here.
    As always, thank you for placing your trust in Brownells.
    Pete & Frank Brownell

Last edited:
    Top Bottom