Powers prohibited of States Article 1 Section 10 Clause 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "No State, without the consent of the Legislature of the United States shall lay imposts or duties on imports or exports, nor with such consent but for the use of the treasury of the United States; nor keep troops or ships of war in time of peace; nor enter into any agreement or compact with another State, or with any foreign power; nor engage in any war, unless it shall be actually invaded by enemies, or the danger of invasion be so imminent, as not to admit of a delay, until the Legislature of the United States can be consulted."

Doesn't this allow for actions such as what AZ is doing and more? Kidnappings, murders, even US soil closed to its citizens. Sounds like an invasion to me.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correction. Murders and kidnappings aside, millions of people entering our country illegal IS an invasion, peaceful in most cases I'd say but still an invasion causing economic damage.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Please excuse my language, but that is ****ing unacceptable. They even said in the god damn news report, "Giving a sizable chunk of Arizona BACK to Mexico." How the hell can the federal government ignore that? That isn't just peaceful invasion anymore, that's a passive war.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I would hardly call this an invasion. I am sure what the founders meant was a military invasion, not some people coming over the border to work.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Like I said. It's very passive, but if we are slowly losing land to another country, then it is not simply coming over the border to work.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    It is going to take a combination of taking away the carrot (reducing the incentives to come here) and using a larger stick.
    veteranbumpersticker.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom