Precision Firearms in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shonsu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    I went to Precision Firearms in Baton Rouge on Friday, 1/25, to try them and my new Glock 22 out (I'm a newbie pistol owner). I found them quite professional and courteous and didn't have any problems. I've read some complaints about the lack of ventilation and A/C in the firing bay and I can attest to that. They could use more ventilation and need to put more A/C work in there, it was quite warm. But other than that it was pretty nice. I'd definitely recommend it and plan on going back.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    It seems to vary, sometimes I go in there and it's hot and others the target is blowing around and my eyes dry out from the breeze.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The plate rack needs some help big time, probably just a good cleaning. I have hit some plates with 9 and it didn't fall over, OK, but I hit a plate with .45 the other day and it wobbled and stayed up.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    The plate rack needs some help big time, probably just a good cleaning. I have hit some plates with 9 and it didn't fall over, OK, but I hit a plate with .45 the other day and it wobbled and stayed up.

If you don't hit the top 1/2" of the plates with low power nines they barely even wobble, much less fall down.

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    There is no solution to the A/C and heating.
    There are fans at the back of the range that suck out all of the smoke, lead dust, etc.
    Those vents also suck out any climate control with them.
    They could turn the vents off, but then it would quickly get a little smoky and very unhealthy.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    There is no solution to the A/C and heating.
    There are fans at the back of the range that suck out all of the smoke, lead dust, etc.
    Those vents also suck out any climate control with them.
    They could turn the vents off, but then it would quickly get a little smoky and very unhealthy.

They could Easily hook those fans up to HEPA filters and recirculate the air like a lot of newer rangers. I'd pay a couple extra bucks for the extra comfort.

Bulldawg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    New Roads
    I've been very impressed by the folks over at Precision. Bought a firearm offline and had it sent there and they had no qualms about walking me through the weapon and how to take it apart. They were just as friendly as if I had bought it from them (which I did on my next purchase).

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Staff has always been excellent to me. As you said, the range itself and the equipment need some serious renovation.

I agree with this. They're always professional and courteous to me when I'm in there (with the exception of one female employee).

Speaking of, I need to go shooting soon.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    They have always been professional and helpful to me. Even when I read negative complaints in the past. They were good to me. With ammo prices what they are I don't shoot much these days. I will be glad when prices return to reasonable levels and the panic buying ceases.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I agree. I've been treated good when we shoot there. One of the nicer indoor ranges in Baton Rouge. IMO
    The ammo prices and availability must be hurting them too right now. Hope it turns around soon.

johnmichael

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Hammond, La
    Their range is decent, but as others have said, it could use a bit of cleaning/upkeep...their prices are also hit or miss at times. I picked up a 26-round CMMG mag for my AR-22 upper for cheap, but sometimes their ammo/firearm prices are stupid high. They are good folks to talk with and they generally have a pretty great selection of demo firearms to try out if you want.

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Also don't forget that women shoot for free Monday through Thursday. A definate plus. Was in there a couple of weeks ago with the wife and we had to wait for a lane. The climate on the lanes was pleasant even with the crowd.

goose225pa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    port allen la
    I've been their twice in the last two weeks... I fine the ammo is very high, but it is everywhere. Bring your own, and for the ventilation system, awsome! Targets are 1$ and its like 15$ to shoot

Top Bottom