President of Hate Group Appointed LA Commission on LE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    http://capitalcitynews.us/?p=1554
    Gov. Bobby Jindal has appointed former Rep. Tony Perkins to the Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement, and the Senate has confirmed his nomination. The commission awards grants and governs practices of State Police and local law enforcement agencies. Perkins said he is happy to be working to fight the crime problem. The appointment is the first postion Perkins has accepted since leaving the legislature in 2004. He remains president of the Family Research Council in Washington and commutes there weekly during most of the year.

A news-blog view of this event:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...n_now_includes_by_tony_perkins_president.html
    Obviously slanted, but well cited and substantiated condemnation of this appointment. Can't say I disagree with the overall assertion that this is simply a Very Bad Move on the Governor's part.

Even if you consider the classification of the FRC as a hate group as being excessive, the public statements, beliefs, and desires of this man should not be in a position to directly dictate practices of State and local LE.

Baton Rouge is about to have it's own problems with people cashing in on lawsuits over being convicted of an unconstitutional law they refuse to stop enforcing, and now we're going to have a guy like this making policy? Bad juju, Bobby Jindal, bad juju.

How absolutely embarrassing for our State.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's what happens when religious zealotry interacts with politics. I don't condemn them for believing in what they believe; and believe me, they believe! I just don't like seeing it dictate policy!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I really know nothing about Perkins...but if he wants to continue to implement the law that arrests consenting adults who have sexual relations, then he sounds like a big gov't "conservative".

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    one might think that things couldn’t get any worse for Louisiana’s LGBT population

Who cares? I think we've got enough public television stations here, as it is.....
    sleeping.gif

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I really know nothing about Perkins...but if he wants to continue to implement the law that arrests consenting adults who have sexual relations, then he sounds like a big gov't "conservative".

I don't think there are laws restricting consenting adults from having sex..

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I don't think there are laws restricting consenting adults from having sex..

I believe he is referring to the "butt sex law". There is a thread on here about it. M+M butt sex = bad. M+F butt sex = OK. It was a VERY heated debate (as MOST conversations about butt sex turn out to be). :peep:
    smooning_smiley_mooning_100-109.gif

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I believe he is referring to the "butt sex law". There is a thread on here about it. M+M butt sex = bad. M+F butt sex = OK. It was a VERY heated debate.

yeah I think that's the one.

Seriously Perkins, if you repeal that law, or work to repeal it, it would go a long way with a lot of people.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I believe he is referring to the "butt sex law". There is a thread on here about it. M+M butt sex = bad. M+F butt sex = OK. It was a VERY heated debate (as MOST conversations about butt sex turn out to be). :peep:
    smooning_smiley_mooning_100-109.gif

Ah yes... The old backdoor debate.. Terribly crappy situation...

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Looks good to me... Ultra conservative. Strong conservative values... What's the problem?
    PERKINS: This has moved from cultural terrorism to corporate terrorism. That's what this is. Now, back in the 80's and early 90's I worked with the state department in anti-terrorism and we trained about fifty different countries in defending against terrorism, and it's, at its base, what terrorism is, it's a strike against the general populace simply to spread fear and intimidation so that they can disrupt and destabilize the system of government. That's what the homosexuals are doing here to the legal system.
    Equating an entire group of American citizens to terrorists because of who they choose to love?

"Those who understand the homosexual community—the activists—they're very aggressive, they're—everything they accuse us of they are in triplicate. They're intolerant, they're hateful, vile, they're spiteful. .... To me, that is the height of hatred, to be silent when we know there are individuals that are engaged in activity, behavior, and an agenda that will destroy them and our nation."
    — Tony Perkins, Speaking to the Oak Initiative Summit, April 2011
    None of this bestows me with the confidence that he can enforce law with impartiality.

In this opinion piece, he draws clear parallel between the repeal of DADT causing dead soldiers. That's basically Westboro Baptist Church level of idiocy, right there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDmwLNg5AXQ

*While activists like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. … It is a homosexual problem.*
    — FRC President Tony Perkins, FRC website, 2010
    Hard to have faith in a law enforcement head who's completely ignorant of the criminals/crimes he is to combat.

http://www.goodasyou.org/perkins10.mp3 <-- stating that the law of our land should be the 10 Commandments, rather than the Constitution and State/Local statutes. Why does he hate America?

http://www.thenation.com/article/good-cop-bad-cop/#
    Here's a thorough reporting of his time as a Baton Rouge police officer where he continuously allowed his personal biases and beliefs to trump the law he was hired and sworn to uphold. He was suspended and then asked to terminate his employment when the suspension was over because of his inability to follow the rules. So he already has an established history of putting his beliefs, which I've already outlined to be bigoted, hateful, and inflammatory, above that of the law, which our Gov just appointed him to create policy for.

So maybe the real question should be - why was he a /good/ choice for this position?

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    There are. Some of them, probably all of them, have been declared unconstitutional but if you pick up the latest copy of the LA Revised Statutes, they are still there.

I know there are laws against sodomy, but are there laws against consenting men and women having sex?

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Equating an entire group of American citizens to terrorists because of who they choose to love?

None of this bestows me with the confidence that he can enforce law with impartiality.

In this opinion piece, he draws clear parallel between the repeal of DADT causing dead soldiers. That's basically Westboro Baptist Church level of idiocy, right there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDmwLNg5AXQ

Hard to have faith in a law enforcement head who's completely ignorant of the criminals/crimes he is to combat.

http://www.goodasyou.org/perkins10.mp3 <-- stating that the law of our land should be the 10 Commandments, rather than the Constitution and State/Local statutes. Why does he hate America?

http://www.thenation.com/article/good-cop-bad-cop/#
    Here's a thorough reporting of his time as a Baton Rouge police officer where he continuously allowed his personal biases and beliefs to trump the law he was hired and sworn to uphold. He was suspended and then asked to terminate his employment when the suspension was over because of his inability to follow the rules. So he already has an established history of putting his beliefs, which I've already outlined to be bigoted, hateful, and inflammatory, above that of the law, which our Gov just appointed him to create policy for.

So maybe the real question should be - why was he a /good/ choice for this position?

Safe to say you're not to happy about this?

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    why should the gov't be able to arrest people who have un-coerced sexual relations on their private property?

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I know there are laws against sodomy, but are there laws against consenting men and women having sex?
    The law does not differentiate between genders.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78695
    §89. Crime against nature

A. Crime against nature is the unnatural carnal copulation by a human being with another of the same sex or opposite sex or with an animal, except that anal sexual intercourse between two human beings shall not be deemed as a crime against nature when done under any of the circumstances described in R.S. 14:41, 14:42, 14:42.1 or 14:43. Emission is not necessary; and, when committed by a human being with another, the use of the genital organ of one of the offenders of whatever sex is sufficient to constitute the crime.

The exceptions are regarding rape.

So it applies to all couples; it's just that it's only typically /enforced/ for homosexual couples.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom