Previous employers and back pay ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Miss Kimberly just called me from the dept of labor.

I can send a demand letter, let them refuse or not pay it all and then take them to small claims court.

or

I can claim it all on my taxes at the end of the year.

So thats that. Thanks guys for all the info and ideas.

talkinggoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Small Claims

It's free for you to take them to small claims. See if you can report them to a collection agency, too; IDK if you can, but that would be great. Ruin their credit, while your at it. :) I'm interested to know why the Labor Department won't investigate them.

From the DOL website

The Department of Labor (DOL) fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements. In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support.

talkinggoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Ah, I see... Typical government agency. You have to take them to court, though. If you let them get away with it, they will think they can do it to everyone, and they will.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's free for you to take them to small claims. See if you can report them to a collection agency, too; IDK if you can, but that would be great. Ruin their credit, while your at it. :) I'm interested to know why the Labor Department won't investigate them.

From the DOL website

The Department of Labor (DOL) fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements. In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support.

I don't know where you get that SCC is free. If it were free I'd have gone after the crackhead sleazebag that rear ended me back in March.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    they ended up paying me about half of what they owed me but not before getting stupid, which is better than nothing I guess.
    I'll just claim the rest on my taxes and be glad to be done with them.

Thanks for all the info.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    trying to charge me for uniforms I never got. (no sig from me) other equipment they say was never returned but in fact I never had it or they lost it. Which is typical for them.

then they changed their per diem rates and millage payouts after the fact and bla,bla,bla

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    they ended up paying me about half of what they owed me but not before getting stupid, which is better than nothing I guess.
    I'll just claim the rest on my taxes and be glad to be done with them.

Thanks for all the info.

That's proof they owed you money. If you have reciepts to prove they did not pay you in full go to small claims court to collect the rest.

Top Bottom