Price Check-- Dan Wesson .44

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I have the opportunity to pick up a Dan Wesson .44 Hunters Pack, and was curious to hear what some of you wheelgun guys thought about them. It will be a gift for my dad, who had one and sold it during a tight spot.

I will definitely be wheeling and dealing, but I can't find any good info on value. It has multiple barrels, shrouds, tools and a case, and apparently is pretty uncommon. Assuming it's in excellent (unfired?) condition, what would be a fair price? Gunbroker wasn't much help, but I know some of you will be familiar with this pistol-- and hopefully the Hunters Pack as well.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have a friend who collects these and I'll contact him to get you a price range.
    I have a 44VH8 with an accessory 10" barrel. It is by far the best 44Mag revolver I've ever owned. Very accurate and the trigger is oh so sweet on single action pull.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They were great guns with owner interchangable barrels etc. CZ owns Dan Wesson now. The only thing they make are more 1911's. Like the world needs yet another version of that handgun more than a DA revolver like the Dan Wesson.

Dave

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How much they asking? If it has the 2",4",6", and 8" bbls and it's less that $1500, jump on it and run......run Forrest......RUN!!!!
    I've seen set like that sell for upwards of $2500.
    Good Luck. It's good to make Dad happy.

kdoske

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Ponchatoula
    I'm no expert but i have seen them for sale with all barrels for 2k. Sounds like a good deal to me as long as there is no damage.

ebayareaguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Slidell,La.
    I would do a search for Dan Wesson revolvers because it seems where it was made can influence the price.The ones made in Monson,Mass are the most sought after for quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom