Priced 33x12.50x15 BFG KM2s at Sears

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarRamrod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Are they really running 1030$ for 4 including tax, balanced and mounted? this seem steep. They did say they might knock some off if i get a buddy to buy a set as well. I see discounttiredirect is out of stock for these, and there is a Tirerack store in Shreveport so i will have to pay tax. That will put them as high as these after getting them mounted.

what are my options? Im in Baton Rouge

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    They're 940 shipped at tirerack. if you can get em mounted and balanced for less than 90 then you can save some money.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Not alot of tire places are willing to mount and balance tires you buy from the internet, or if they do and you tell them you got them from the internet they'll charge you an arm and a leg after quoting you a different price. *cough* Simple Simon *cough* But if you're around Baton Rouge, there's a place on Highland Rd called Plantation Tire & Car Care which will mount and balance whatever you bring them. Last time I think they charged me less than $20 a wheel. But they were off the vehicle and had no tires to remove or dispose of.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    That's about the going rate for them locally.
    They can be had cheaper on the web and suprisingly, dealerships seem to have some of the best rates to mount and balance.

Last edited:

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Are they really running 1030$ for 4 including tax, balanced and mounted? this seem steep. They did say they might knock some off if i get a buddy to buy a set as well. I see discounttiredirect is out of stock for these, and there is a Tirerack store in Shreveport so i will have to pay tax. That will put them as high as these after getting them mounted.

So are you in shreveport? If you were around here I'd recommend Winmill Tire. Great people to deal with.

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge

Sounds about right, KM2's are about the highest priced tire out there. I bought tires a few months ago (Goodyear Duratrac's) and Sears had the best price in town.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Just a FYI, I went on a search for cheap 32x11.5x15 mudders a year and a half ago. I worked in an auto shop so I had contacts. NONE of my contacts could even come close to the price I got walking in off the street at Sam's Club on Dunlop Mud Rovers, $125, IIRC. Sam's even beat a Goodyear employee price:eek:. Of course they wouldn't mount them because they weren't a stock size for my truck, but like I said, I work in a shop. ;) Tires see 80% street 20% muck and I'm really impressed with how they've held up

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have been pricing 35's and was told to check out St. Amant muffler that they have good prices and have been known to beat interweb prices.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Have you checked out the new line of Fierce tires that dunlop has come out with? They're pretty reasonable and from the people I know that have them, they're pretty good. I'm considering doing a set if I don't go with the BFG MT's (I've always liked the way they look)

What are you puting them on? What do you plan to ue them for?

**edit**
    Your rims are too small, need 16+

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Just a FYI, I went on a search for cheap 32x11.5x15 mudders a year and a half ago. I worked in an auto shop so I had contacts. NONE of my contacts could even come close to the price I got walking in off the street at Sam's Club on Dunlop Mud Rovers, $125, IIRC. Sam's even beat a Goodyear employee price:eek:. Of course they wouldn't mount them because they weren't a stock size for my truck, but like I said, I work in a shop. ;) Tires see 80% street 20% muck and I'm really impressed with how they've held up

Thanks for the tip. I wanted to get an extra pair of steel wheels for my tacoma to mount some mud grips on for next hunting season. Sounds like these might be a good deal.

Jgarris11

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I work at a tire shop and have never paid over 400 for a set of replacement tires on my silverado but 2 weeks ago I bought another pair if the same tires I have been buying and this set was 640. So that is how much tires went up in the last 2 years. I was also informed by the goodyear distributer I deal with is that Obama put new taxes that went in to place the first of the year so tires went up 10.00-30.00 a piece depending on brand,size, and where they are manufactured.

clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    Some tires can fluctuate about 5-10 dollars a piece at any given time... I normally do not give out quotes valid for more than a day because of it....if the customer does not buy the tires that day, i get a new quoted price if they come back...sometimes they are cheaper, sometimes not.

Top Bottom