Prices $$$

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racerxxx

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    New Orleans, LA
    I know everything is higher these days but.... DAMN!
    Some of the asking prices are astronomical. Even for damaged, well used items.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    ^^this. I see most of those over prices firearms sitting in the marketplace for months.
    Same here. I guess they are hoping desperation or stupidity will prevail and someone will eventually cough up the inflated sum. Sometimes people don’t need the money when they sell something and ask what they would consider parting with an object for or what it’s worth to them. In other words, they’re saying, ‘I don’t really want to get rid of this, but if I did, this is what I’d take’. Other times people buy something at an inflated price and are not willing to lose at the time of sale, when in reality (either don’t know or won’t admit that) they already lost at the time of purchase.
    I don’t generally pursue a deal with these types of sellers because of the aggravation that’s often included.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Asking and getting is 2 different animals..

Exactly this.

It's been a frantic, panic-buying couple years but firearm prices fell off a cliff a few months ago and are pretty much back to pre-pandemic prices already. (Ammo still isn't but everything else is.) I'd guess what we're seeing here in the classifieds re pricing is some members just not realizing yet that the panic-buying stage is over with and we're back to normal at best. This could just be a hangover impression from the surge, but it feels to me like people have really tightened up with their wallets on the offramp from the panic, and guys just aren't buying much right now even at decent prices. This whole gun/parts market feels like a retail store in January in the post-holiday slump.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I hate to have to say this but many seem to be confused with this pandemic inflation. Most of it is not due to shortages: it's greed. If you pay too much expect to see prices increase it's fundamental supply demand economics. Talking to a steel company yesterday : they told me the manufacturers are hiking prices because they can. Same with wood. Gas prices are similar but Biden actually has a hand in that cost increase which as most know increases the cost of virtually everything. I guess Democrats are okay with making the working class tax mules pay: with this new push for small monetary transactions, it's clear they do not care about low income folks. One would also expect business to strive for healthy profits but also work to buffer the effects of the pandemic on low income folks. Small business pays most US tax not big corps. Business should stop artificially inflating prices because its hurting everyone! When you inflate the cost of items you slow sales to maintain profits. When you slow sales you stall production and healthy economic growth. Eventually this bubble will burst, hopefully we do not end up in a depression in the process.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I hate to have to say this but many seem to be confused with this pandemic inflation. Most of it is not due to shortages: it's greed. If you pay too much expect to see prices increase it's fundamental supply demand economics. Talking to a steel company yesterday : they told me the manufacturers are hiking prices because they can. Same with wood. Gas prices are similar but Biden actually has a hand in that cost increase which as most know increases the cost of virtually everything. I guess Democrats are okay with making the working class tax mules pay: with this new push for small monetary transactions, it's clear they do not care about low income folks. One would also expect business to strive for healthy profits but also work to buffer the effects of the pandemic on low income folks. Small business pays most US tax not big corps. Business should stop artificially inflating prices because its hurting everyone! When you inflate the cost of items you slow sales to maintain profits. When you slow sales you stall production and healthy economic growth. Eventually this bubble will burst, hopefully we do not end up in a depression in the process.

Anyone that believes there has not been a handgun and ammunition shortage is not well informed.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Prices of firearms themselves never really shot up high and are coming back down although not Trump era prices. Accessories and optics have pretty much stayed the same. It was only the ammo the went up really high, but again it is coming back down.

Top Bottom