Primitive Camping in Indian Creek rec area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcw85

Hotter than a $2 pistol
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Thibodaux, LA
    Has anyone camped here? We were thinking of going tent camping there in a couple of weeks. From the map it appears the primitive area is little out of the way....which we want. Whats the fire situation? Can we have a little fire for the night? And also can we carry there? i.e. 22s with some rat shot for hiking? Thanks!

Swampman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    south La.
    Has anyone camped here? We were thinking of going tent camping there in a couple of weeks. From the map it appears the primitive area is little out of the way....which we want. Whats the fire situation? Can we have a little fire for the night? And also can we carry there? i.e. 22s with some rat shot for hiking? Thanks!

The wife and I used to take our kids there many years ago. Campfires are allowed, carrying weapons into the area is doubtful. Maybe someone else here may know for sure, or I would definitely call ahead to verify.

huggybro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Used to camp there years ago. Regular weekends are nice. Holiday weekends can get busy even in the primitive areas. If you get there early you can get the best spots. Spent many nights tent camping near the water. This is the best time of year to go before it gets too hot. Showers are a short drive away into the main area of the park. Store is only a few miles away in Woodworth (big speed trap - obey the limit). Probably no open carry or shooting but there is a shooting range nearby called Indian Creek Shooting Range. You can ask at the office when you arrive and pay.

Top Bottom