Primitive Camping Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTiger06

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Does anyone know of a good area in Louisiana or surrounding states that have good primitive camping? By that I mean not predetermined tent spots. I am looking for something where I can park and
    walk trails until I find a remote spot to set up. I can not find any good information on this so I thought maybe some of y'all would know of some good areas. Thanks for any ideas.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    there are some places you can camp that is not at the camp ground we would walk in to where cypress creek ran into black creek or boat up streem and camp on the bluff

Feature Name: Cypress Creek Landing Recreation Site
    Category: Mississippi physical, cultural and historic features
    Feature Type: Cultural
    Class: Park
    County: Perry County
    Latitude: 30.9654652
    Longitude: -89.0047694
    Feature ID: 704601

JTiger06

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you all for your replies! I will take a look at the suggestions, and please keep them coming. I have visited many of the state park websites and some do list primitive camp sites but they are all predetermined spots. I have just within the last year or two become really interested in primitive camping and trying to find some experienced guys with some direction. Some places may have what I am looking for but they just do not advertise it. That is why I wanted to ask. Thanks again!

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    A lot of the state parks primative sites are just an rv site without power, they have paved drive up parking and tent pads. Each park is different though.
    If you also want to drive off road with a equipped vehicle or atv, catahoula recreation at sicily island is an offroad park that you can camp anywhere. I am sure if you just want to hike all the trails and camp, Dennis would be more than glad to take your money and turn you loose on the property though!
    I am too lazy and out of shape for true wilderness camping anymore. Camping with the cub scouts on an air mattress was rough enough last time I did it and I sat up cap maybe 20 yards from my truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom