primitive rifle sight ideas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BasinSniper

Bandolier
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Looking for ideas/options for a sight/scope to mount on a .444 Handi rifle with standard dovetail base.

medium to thick cover deer hunting use (0-100 yds)

thanks in advance.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Does your rifle not have the barrel tapped for the Handi rail base? I bought one with irons, but bought the Handi Rifle Rail to mount the scope. It was easy.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    This is a very subjective topic. One man's prize is another man's junk. It really depends on your requirements. I'll give an example of how my personal choice in this matter varies widely from what has been suggested so far. I hunt with a NEF 45-70. I have a 5-15X 50MM Bushnell on it. Some will say that's too much scope on that rig. It's near perfect for me and here's why.

First the 50mm objective.......Gathers much more light so I can see better in low light with my aging eyes.

5-15X........On our lease we do selective shooting. We try our best to correctly identify every deer we shoot. I don't want to shoot a button buck thinking I'm shooting a doe. The extra power gives me peace of mind and I can turn it down to 5X for the thick stuff if need be. Also has adjustable objective which I like.

Now if you are going to shoot any deer that pops out then none of this matters.

Just and observation from a different perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom