printing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdsprstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Welsh
    just got my ccw permit and i am debating on how to carry my gun. i am thinking about carrying it in a owb holster, but i have one question. what is the louisiana law on printing and how much is too much, can a person be fined for having a gun that is printing? any help is appreciated.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    ... can a person be fined for having a gun that is printing?

in short, NO. anything is possible though. depending on the LEO you may get harassed

i personally do not worry if i print or not. I make as big as an effort as humanly possible NOT to print, but i do not "dress around" my carry gun as much as some.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    in short, NO. anything is possible though. depending on the LEO you may get harassed

i personally do not worry if i print or not. I make as big as an effort as humanly possible NOT to print, but i do not "dress around" my carry gun as much as some.

I've never worried too much about printing either. The gun is concealed. If I didn't have a permit and had a gun under my shirt I would be busted for carrying a concealed gun without a permit. So if it's under my shirt with a permit.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I don't worry about it. I try not to do things like reach to the top shelf with my strong arm. Most people won't notice you printing unless it's just really really bad. Even if they do, they probably won't say anything about it unless they are also a carrier and want to let you know that you're printing.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    don't worry about it - everyone one else isn't staring at you trying to decide if that's a Glock or a Kimber... lol

I used to think people would notice, now I've been known to throw on my G19 in a Serpa paddle holster and just drape my shirt over it. it bulges, I'm a smaller framed guy, so what? Louisiana is an open carry state anyway so if I reach up and someone sees it I still haven't violated a law, even if my shirt gets caught on it and it is fully exposed there is no infraction.

The only time I'm worried about printing is when attending something formal. In that case a good pocket holster with a hamerless S&W J-frame or my G26 on my ankle provides DEEP concealment qualities that are difficult for my girlfriend to even see.

Brians_45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Maurepas, LA
    I don't worry about it much. People don't pay attention to much. You will probably draw more attention being paranoid about printing (checking your shirt, moving oddly as to not print etc) than actually printing. I carry a full size Kimber OWB with just a tshirt draped over it quite often. If anyone has even noticed, they certainly haven't spoken up about it.

hdsprstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Welsh
    thanks to everyone for the replies, i guess I just think about it too much, here lately i sometimes forget i even have a gun on my side.

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    I'm with these other guys, don't worry about it too much. I will say, any printing you see with probably be alot less noticable to anybody else. Even people who know you probably won't notive unless you've got an M9 concealed underneat spandex.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom