Private Handgun Sales

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I have access to the above.

Quote : On April 11, 2024, the Biden administration finalized a new rule that requires anyone who sells guns predominantly for profit to obtain a federal license and conduct background checks.
    -------------------
    When you read this new rule, anyone can be considered a dealer.

Selling your CCW to upgrade, you're a dealer because weapons intended for self-defense are not part of a personal collection.
    Do you hope to make a profit on that antique ? You're a dealer and require an FFL.

There are so many ways the AFT can ruin your day with this new rule, I'm not going to risk it.

Remember: If you show up in court with two of the best lawyers to defend yourself, they'll show up with a dozen lawyers.
    Yes, after reading it, there are many ways they can stretch the law to investigate whomever they choose to.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    "Predominantly for profit" -- Hmmmm, usually you sell guns at a loss so there would be my loophole! Even if it were a collectable I would say with inflation through the years since the gun was manufactured it is still at a loss!
    Quoting the gibberish:

In response to commenters who said that any profit should account for inflation, or expenses incurred, again, the statute does not require proof of actual profit. The statute’s and rule’s focus is on the person’s predominant intent to profit, not on whether a person actually profits

(corrected for reading ease)

Like I say, this is clear as mud.

I'm playing it safe.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If as a God fearing, gun owning, white man, I am considered and named as a enemy of the state or possible terrorist by the feds then I consider them my enemy. They can go pound sand.

Im not saying they have anything to fear from me but I am saying i will not assist with their investigations.

If you meant to call out or single out the ATF, perhaps you should have singled them out. The vast majority of crimes involving guns are investigated on a local level by the local PD or the local Sheriffs. So when you said the law should not rely on your help, how does that not include the local PD or the local Sheriffs?

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    If im not mistaken the rule goes into effect in 30 day but violations will be retro going back to 2022 when Congess passed then Biden signed the new gun control laws.

So the ATF could just look at everyone’s “ postings “ on this site all the way back to join date to make some sort of subjective case to look at?
    It clearly says the postings are not deleted. So is this site a working paper trail? I’m no lawyer, I’m just asking. Since it doesn’t matter according to all this mud/rule, If you sold a gun, you guilty?
    Admins?

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    For my sales and purchases I usually only deal with someone that has a history on here.

i won’t immediately, if ever get on the phone. private message on here back and forth, look at their feedback.

I confronted 2 people with a history of “ghosting”, of course it’s the other guy usually they say.

I meet in a public place with a member well known or at least a few years on here.

Bill of sale whether I am selling or buying. I look at the id for an age check and to see if the name matches.

I have had a couple guys ghost on a deal, so I don’t like to travel too much out of my way.

Your safety is above all else, and nothing illegal and you are usually good to go.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    So the ATF could just look at everyone’s “ postings “ on this site all the way back to join date to make some sort of subjective case to look at?
    It clearly says the postings are not deleted. So is this site a working paper trail? I’m no lawyer, I’m just asking. Since it doesn’t matter according to all this mud/rule, If you sold a gun, you guilty?
    Admins?

Remember what Ben Franklin said:

"The internet is forever"

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Since it is the ATF, and they seem to be able to interpret law as they see fit, even if you sell a gun at a loss, they could still consider it as a profit, because you received money, ergo you profited from the sale, making you a dealer without a license.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Admins?

I see ads. I see people mark them as sold or no longer for sale or something else. I do know verify the accuracy of the status. Nor do I track who they are communicating with based on the ads.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Admins?
    Absolutely. Anything you say can and will be used against you. Feds have access to everything now via FISA or not. It’s all stored and waiting to be investigated, scrutinized and used in future cases. That goes for all your cell phone records as well. All the geo location associated with every ping on your phone and every bit of data shared and collected. In short, pretty much everything but your thoughts that you keep to yourself is accessible and may be exploited.

Last edited:

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    Absolutely. Anything you say can and will be used against you. Feds have access to everything now via FISA or not. It’s all stored and waiting to be investigated, scrutinized and used in future cases. That goes for all your cell phone records as well. All the geo location associated with every ping on your phone and every bit of data shared and collected. In short, pretty much everything but your thoughts that you keep to yourself is accessible and may be exploited.

Seems about right. Never worried about what I wrote or said. Always been legit.
    But when something ( rule )is retroactive and clear as mud.
    I guess if you can data cherry pick you can frame any scenario.
    I wonder what group they will target first?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    It clearly says the postings are not deleted. So is this site a working paper trail?
    Yes and there are plenty of law enforcement agents monitoring this every single day and some posting along with us on a daily basis, pretending to be normal people while they document and track, and more importantly, while they bait people in conversations and troll for reaction and passionate reply. It is not new, it's just more dangerous for regular people than ever. They'll just laugh and sleep soundly while the axes drop on our families and lives when the tyranny advances to the next step.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yes and there are plenty of law enforcement agents monitoring this every single day and some posting along with us on a daily basis, pretending to be normal people while they document and track, and more importantly, while they bait people in conversations and troll for reaction and passionate reply. It is not new, it's just more dangerous for regular people than ever. They'll just laugh and sleep soundly while the axes drop on our families and lives when the tyranny advances to the next step.
    Don't even know 10% of the truth that just went down in N.C yesterday.
    That 1 dude pee-layed a bunch of agents.
    Story will probable come out 5th generation of a founding member of a Klu-Klucker family?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I see ads. I see people mark them as sold or no longer for sale or something else. I do know verify the accuracy of the status. Nor do I track who they are communicating with based on the ads.
    I think the better question is transparency of this site. There should be a published document noting how long data is saved, including direct messages and IP logs.

I personally would like to know how long the data is retained and what data it is, or purged in what time period from the servers.

This might, or might not, put peoples minds at ease.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think the better question is transparency of this site. There should be a published document noting how long data is saved, including direct messages and IP logs.

I personally would like to know how long the data is retained and what data it is, or purged in what time period from the servers.

This might, or might not, put peoples minds at ease.

That's above me. Just from my looking around as a user, I don't think the data is purged. I was able to find the 6th post to the site from 2006. Or at least the 6th entry into the database. For the record, your post I am replying to is number 1,870,311. Post edits are also saved. Some people seem to think they are erasing information when they edit their ad and remove everything. Each revision can be seen. I was able to see my first PM from 2015 so I imagine those are also in the database. Even as an admin, I'm not able to see other people's PMs but I'm sure they are there. I think it's safe to consider any posts here to be permanent.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    And what really sucks to me is that it's all for the negative. Nothing will be looked up to show virtue of members, only negative aspects.

The best thing that any online gun community can do, right now and for the entire firearm community nationwide, is to hard-delete to the best of their ability all of the history within off-topic and political forums/threads.

Just my opinions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom