Prohibited places ... or not .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I heard Exxon/Mobil was that way . NO firearms or ammo anywhere on the property . Can't confirm that though .

Yes you are correct. There are no weapons, alcohol, drugs, etc on ExxonMobil property including parking lots in Baton Rouge. This is due to the Baton Rouge plant being a port. However, they do have 2 locations with lockers so that you can store your weapon while on property.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Yes you are correct. There are no weapons, alcohol, drugs, etc on ExxonMobil property including parking lots in Baton Rouge. This is due to the Baton Rouge plant being a port. However, they do have 2 locations with lockers so that you can store your weapon while on property.

DOW in plaquemine will let you check you're weapon in with security when entering the plant as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I haven't been in a plant yet that didn't prohibit even empty casings anywhere on their property. Maybe they're only that strict on only the contractors, though. They've been through the parking lots with dogs before, I don't really know if they can smell powder or not, so I just play it "safe."

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Contrary to Louisiana law, There are still company's out there that insist that you will not have a firearm in your private vehicle on their property, How you going to figure that?

Both my airline job and my railroad job have these policies. I've asked and they claim because they are transportation related they have special rules. I don't think so. For the record the airline job parking area was not in a TSA secure area, and the railroad job is not at a port. No TWIC required.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Both my airline job and my railroad job have these policies. I've asked and they claim because they are transportation related they have special rules. I don't think so. For the record the airline job parking area was not in a TSA secure area, and the railroad job is not at a port. No TWIC required.

I'm thinking that some company's don't know Louisiana law or simply don't care.
    Their way or the highway?

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Most instructors do not know the laws of Louisiana. I get to sit in on many CCW classes each month. I have heard some misquotes, outright lies and a lot in between about the permit laws.

One instructor tells his classes one cannot not carry in a bank. You can unless it is signed. (Note: In Caddo Parish when getting a Parish permit, you are furnished a sheet with some rules, one of which is it is illegal to carry in a bank. Even a Sheriff's Dept does not know the state laws)

One tells his class that you cannot carry in a liquor store. Good advice but not true.

One instructor tells his class that you cannot carry where any educational program is being presented since it is considered a school.

No offense meant to anyone teaching these classes but each year there are 40-50 more instructors approved. It is easy to get approved and a lot of money to be made doing so. They only instruct because lifestyle changing money matters.

One instructor I know well does not like guns and only owned a single handgun and a .22 rifle. His father left him both. He is a degreed professional and makes more teaching CCW classes two Saturday's a month than on his regular job. Some of the crapola that comes from his mouth is his beliefs and not law.

Another is a Deputy Sheriff but he works in a prison, never been on patrol, never carried a gun but got approved to teach. His fee for teaching is $85 per person and a 40 person class requirement. He also comes up with off the wall laws.

Another does not require you to attend class. Just pay him his $95 fee and he signs you off.

I wish LASP would spot check the instructors for accuracy in their classes.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Most instructors do not know the laws of Louisiana. I get to sit in on many CCW classes each month. I have heard some misquotes, outright lies and a lot in between about the permit laws.

One instructor tells his classes one cannot not carry in a bank. You can unless it is signed. (Note: In Caddo Parish when getting a Parish permit, you are furnished a sheet with some rules, one of which is it is illegal to carry in a bank. Even a Sheriff's Dept does not know the state laws)

One tells his class that you cannot carry in a liquor store. Good advice but not true.

One instructor tells his class that you cannot carry where any educational program is being presented since it is considered a school.

No offense meant to anyone teaching these classes but each year there are 40-50 more instructors approved. It is easy to get approved and a lot of money to be made doing so. They only instruct because lifestyle changing money matters.

One instructor I know well does not like guns and only owned a single handgun and a .22 rifle. His father left him both. He is a degreed professional and makes more teaching CCW classes two Saturday's a month than on his regular job. Some of the crapola that comes from his mouth is his beliefs and not law.

Another is a Deputy Sheriff but he works in a prison, never been on patrol, never carried a gun but got approved to teach. His fee for teaching is $85 per person and a 40 person class requirement. He also comes up with off the wall laws.

Another does not require you to attend class. Just pay him his $95 fee and he signs you off.

I wish LASP would spot check the instructors for accuracy in their classes.

I agree in the last about 19 years I've had a CHP and kept up on things I've heard some off the wall stuff put out in classes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom