Protein, etc... Group Buy (sort of)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    I'm looking to get back in the work-out game, and I refuse to not maximize results by not taking protein and supplements.

So GNC.com shows a buy one get the second half-off. If anyone in the Baton Rouge/Northshore area would like to jump on this with me, I figure we can share the savings.

Alternatively, if any of yall have better sources with good prices on Cyto-Gainer and NO Explode, I'd appreciate that info as well.

Heck, general discussion of proteins/creatine/nitro supplements is welcomed also. List pros and cons, price range, and where it can be bought.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I may be interested in some things. Are you a gold member? I've used the Whey Protein and Muscle Milk in the past with very good results. Now granted I rarely used them, but I did have enough use to notice a difference.

craftkr

Carpe Diem
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2007
    Rockport, Texas
    Check some of the other place's online, do a search for the protein your looking for i.e. ISO, or whatever your looking at. I have found that GNC has really gone crazy on prices. I usually find the same brand product for 40-45% less. Just my .02cents.

apdanos

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Cut Off, LA
    Check some of the other place's online, do a search for the protein your looking for i.e. ISO, or whatever your looking at. I have found that GNC has really gone crazy on prices. I usually find the same brand product for 40-45% less. Just my .02cents.

GNC is way over priced.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    I order this stuff last week. It should be at my clinic tommorow. I can let you know how it taste if your interested
    http://www.fitrx.com/fitrx/fitrx_re..._desc=gourmet+elite&i_brand=148&i_pagesize=50

Use the code "FITRX2009" for free shipping. I also use Optimum Nutrition protein powder also.

Holy crap, those are some GLORIOUS prices... and free shipping too? Someone pinch me.

*Just looked at the information... I'd need 2.5 servings for my post-lift shake. :(

Yea, upon further contemplation, GNC is far too pricey... even if I were a Gold Member. Thanks to everyone for the interest and the links.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm looking to get back in the work-out game, and I refuse to not maximize results by not taking protein and supplements.

So GNC.com shows a buy one get the second half-off. If anyone in the Baton Rouge/Northshore area would like to jump on this with me, I figure we can share the savings.

Alternatively, if any of yall have better sources with good prices on Cyto-Gainer and NO Explode, I'd appreciate that info as well.

Heck, general discussion of proteins/creatine/nitro supplements is welcomed also. List pros and cons, price range, and where it can be bought.

Yeah, I'm sure there are better places than GNC :)

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    guys i am a wholesaler for all body building products. i would love to help you all get what you want for cost. i have no interest in making any money, only what it takes to cover all the costs.
    if your intrested in a group buy of one particiular item, like muscle milk, let me know.

shop on www.powershack.com
    and let me know what you want.

buddy

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I honestly thought we were going to be talking about buying whole cows are something. Wish we were buying cows. I think Hydroxycut ****ed me up for life and if I can medically link it I will own them. But no luck so far.

craftkr

Carpe Diem
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2007
    Rockport, Texas
    guys i am a wholesaler for all body building products. i would love to help you all get what you want for cost. i have no interest in making any money, only what it takes to cover all the costs.
    if your intrested in a group buy of one particiular item, like muscle milk, let me know.

buddy

Sweet, I will be needing some more stuff here pretty soon. I will get up with you, gonna check out that powershack site.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

buddy

Got anything to help a fat guy oose some weight?

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales

buddy

Hey, I wonder if you can get the protein we use.

I will send you a pm with the name later.

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    most of the current and popular stuff is readily available. if you guys want prices, i will get them and pm you if you pm me. as soon as i get the price, i will send it.

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    NO-Xplode- right now we carry the small size $33, but in about a week or so we will be carrying the 50 serving only and I don't have a price on it yet.

Isopure- 3lb is $24.00 **oops should be $34 7lb is $78.00
    Muscle Milk- 2lb is $23.00 RTD is $31.00

NONE OF THESE PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING.
    If we get a large order, where its all basiclly a pick up, the shipping wont be much.

i hate my fat fingers! sorry to confuse anyone....

Last edited:

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I order this stuff last week. It should be at my clinic tommorow. I can let you know how it taste if your interested
    http://www.fitrx.com/fitrx/fitrx_re..._desc=gourmet+elite&i_brand=148&i_pagesize=50

Use the code "FITRX2009" for free shipping. I also use Optimum Nutrition protein powder also.
    This stuff is pretty good. Floaties were minimal. Can't be 5lbs of whey and casein
    NO-Xplode- right now we carry the small size $33, but in about a week or so we will be carrying the 50 serving only and I don't have a price on it yet.

Isopure- 3lb is $24.00 7lb is $78.00
    Muscle Milk- 2lb is $23.00 RTD is $31.00

NONE OF THESE PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING.
    If we get a large order, where its all basiclly a pick up, the shipping wont be much.

That's a great price for the Isopure. I'll have to talk to you when I order again

OUTLAW38

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I always use bodybuilding .com. BEST selection, excellent prices and quick shipping (2-3 days). Another good site is tfsupplement .com. cheaper prices yet not as good of selection.

As for supplements, here is better of all the suppleents that I've have tried:

WHEY PROTEIN
    Optimum Nutrition-favorite, good taste, great results
    Monster Milk-TOO THICK
    Muscle Milk-MY NEW FAVORITE, great taste, great results

CREATINE-TOO MUCH TO LIST
    Size-On Pills-Good Gains
    Kre-alkalyn Pills-Decent Gains
    Green Magnitude-By far my favorite, works awesome with White Flood

NITRIC OXIDE
    NO Xplode-Good Results
    White Flood-AWESOME, GREAT ENERGY

hope this helps

Jordo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2007
    academy sports actually sells cytogainer for only 39.99..

But it really depends on what you want out of a protein..

Muscle milk are very high in sugar and arent as lean as some of the others. I personally use cytogainer though, but its a weight gainer.

Top Bottom