PSA PTAC Upper AR? Anyone have experience with these?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    I use a PTAC BCG in my AR pistol. After everyone crapped on it for not being "full auto nib coated made of leprechaun turds" I got it anyways for $89. It works. 500rds and counting. Will it break? Maybe. But it's in my toy gun for which I have no practical use. If it breaks, I'll pack it up for the day, swap it, or fix it and keep going.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I got one of their uppers with the melonite coated barrel, no BCG or charging handle, YHM free float railed a while back. Accurate and tight upper. No issues

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    PSA is solid. PTAC is their budget line; anecdotally a friend of mine had a problem with an out of spec bolt but PSA took care of it right away. I've got a PSA lower and had a PSA upper at one point and they're probably the best bang for the buck in ARs, so to speak. You can do better I imagine in terms of quality, but you hit increasingly diminishing returns very quickly.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Totally good to go. Built 2 budget builds with them. Over 300 rounds on one with out a single hiccup. Just remember it isnt chrome lined and for most people needs thats fine. PTAC is their budget line but on par with most $600-700 off the shelf ARs.

Top Bottom