pulled over by a CONSTABLE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    So, it seems no matter how polite and respectful I am, there doesn't seem to be a single officer/deputy in any department that will cut me a break.

I was driving on Bluebonnet blvd going towards Jefferson. There was a Constable suv behind me, so I wasn't speeding. I used my turn signal when I turned left onto Jefferson, but, as ANYONE who has driven that area at the lunch hour can tell you, there's a lot of idiots out there that make it impossible to use your signal every time you suddenly find out you need to switch lanes to avoid creaming someone. So, the constable flips on his lights and pulls me over. He asks if I know why and I truthfully reply, "no, sir." He writes me a ticket for not using my turn signal more than five times.

Can I get out of this? I mean, this is pretty chicken sh*t imho. Not saying I didn't do it, just saying neither did anyone else, why me?

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Call and talk to you local Justice of the Peace . He may reduce it down or maybe not . In my area the Constable works for the J.O.P.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Baton Rouge City Constable I assume? depending on what part of Bluebonnet it may have been outside the city limits, but then again I am not sure if the Constables are limited to the city or what, I'm really not sure what they do at all lol.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    America Is a police state, more or less. Many parts of the country you now have to go thru check points, just like it used to be in Russia.

Russia didn't disappear, they just moved to the U.S.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    True story. I once, many moons ago, got a ticket for running the redlight on Essen Lane as you are getting off I-10 West. It was morning rush hour and was taking several light cycles to get though. As was the case every day, once the light would turn yellow, traffic would continue to creep through the intersection until it turned red and at that point there were always at least 4 or 5 cars still stuck in the road for a second or two until they could move on through. Well, I went through it just as it turned yellow and there were at least 4 cars behind me that went through after me. In fact, I was already through the intersection while they were still clearing it when a motorcycle cop pointed at ME and pulled me over. I asked him why me and not one of the guys behind me since it had just turned yellow when I went through and it was obviously a stale yellow or red when the others did and he, without missing a beat, asked me if I duck hunted. Thinking he had seen my DU sticker I had at the time, I eagerly answered "yes sir! I sure do!" thinking maybe I had an out after all. Then he said, "Ever just shoot into a flight ducks without really aiming at a particular one and then watch as one of those ducks you didn't even aim at comes falling out of the sky? Well, you're that duck!" I was so pissed that I was getting what I considered a BS ticket but I had to give him credit, that was a pretty good one. I think I met the only MC cop in BR with a sense of humor! :)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Baton Rouge City Constable I assume? depending on what part of Bluebonnet it may have been outside the city limits, but then again I am not sure if the Constables are limited to the city or what, I'm really not sure what they do at all lol.

Constable's Office Jurisdiction is City-Parish .

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    wow this is sad :mamoru:

True story. I once, many moons ago, got a ticket for running the redlight on Essen Lane as you are getting off I-10 West. It was morning rush hour and was taking several light cycles to get though. As was the case every day, once the light would turn yellow, traffic would continue to creep through the intersection until it turned red and at that point there were always at least 4 or 5 cars still stuck in the road for a second or two until they could move on through. Well, I went through it just as it turned yellow and there were at least 4 cars behind me that went through after me. In fact, I was already through the intersection while they were still clearing it when a motorcycle cop pointed at ME and pulled me over. I asked him why me and not one of the guys behind me since it had just turned yellow when I went through and it was obviously a stale yellow or red when the others did and he, without missing a beat, asked me if I duck hunted. Thinking he had seen my DU sticker I had at the time, I eagerly answered "yes sir! I sure do!" thinking maybe I had an out after all. Then he said, "Ever just shoot into a flight ducks without really aiming at a particular one and then watch as one of those ducks you didn't even aim at comes falling out of the sky? Well, you're that duck!" I was so pissed that I was getting what I considered a BS ticket but I had to give him credit, that was a pretty good one. I think I met the only MC cop in BR with a sense of humor! :)

:mamoru:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

"Hahahaha....Good one, officer. Hey- Would you like to hear me tell a joke?

KNOCK KNOCK........"

N.W.S.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=271gItFZFEw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=271gItFZFEw[/ame]

(Don't do this. :rofl:)

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I actually had the balls to ask wtf constable's officers do. He said they function just like the sherrif's dept. He also said they have more power then the brpd in city limits. According to what's on the link, it doesn't say they have the power to write tickets, etc. or did I misread?

Depends. Most have an AG commission from the state, but many also have a parish commission from their locality.

Yes, they can write tickets, make arrests, and do anything a regular deputy or officer can do for the most part.

Generally their purpose is to serve evictions and small warrants or subpoenas. But many function more or sometimes less depending on the area. NOLA is an example where they are a full fledged department with K9's. motorcycles, etc. Or at least they were before the merger.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I know one such constable who is a complete douche bag and probably burned his ticket book. Randomly shows up in the constable car Impala just screwing off.

I'm sure others take it VERY SERIOUS :D

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    So, I need to contact the justice of the peace for EBR parish? And beg for mercy, or try to reason with him/her?

You were pulled over by a Deputy Constable . They work for THE CONSTABLE . Reginald Brown .

" The mission of the City Constable's Office is to execute all City Court Orders, such as civil mandates, judgements, seizures, evictions, civil and criminal subpoenas. To operate the City Jail and provide security for the City Court facility, judges, staff and citizens. To function as a full-time law enforcement agency with authority in traffic, misdemeanor and felony matters; per State Constitution. "

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know Reginald Brown, my sister is a Reserve Constable and I'm close friends with the Constable of the Year - who serves in BTR.

My opinion: most of them seem laid back but a few I've met were "hard chargers" and a couple of them are decent shooters.

If you tailgate LSU Football games it's the BRCCs who police the parking lots.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    If you tailgate LSU Football games it's the BRCCs who police the parking lots.

There aren't too many, but the Constable's office actually helps in the stands in some parts too.

And they had a write-up a couple years ago on the Constable's office in the Advocate.

They can write tickets and have full law enforcement powers. As for what the actually do, I'm not too sure.

Top Bottom