Pure awesome - Help Overturn 18 USC 922(o) and NFA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Interesting thread. Note, my opinion from this point on... I would love to see SBR, supressors, and such be taken of the NFA list, so I could buy one at the LGS with no paperwork. I think that might have a good chance of passing. Allowing FA to be sold at Walmart, well, the libs would jump all over on that one. And I am going to contradict myself here. I believe strongly in our Constitutional rights, but am not sure if FA should just be an option at the LGS.

But, passing laws or keeping laws on the books to keep someone's investment value? Sorry, don't see it. I would love to see constitutional CC in the US. And would not worry about the class I had to take, and all the expense and such I went through to get my CCP.

Not all investments retain their value, and investing involves risk. Should we consider Constitutional rights if my IRA is at risk? I say no.

Should we pass laws so that all investments are protected? Ahh, what happens then. That whole risk thing. Who pays for those that invest poorly?

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    The same as for any other firearm.
    Why should full auto matter?

Well obviously it's going to matter... I think a little more scrutiny should be given to those that want to purchase a full auto m/ g. I would like to see them available without a tax stamp but I do believe a bit more of a background check would be acceptable and also f/a weapons should not be allowed to be sold except through an FFL. In other words no private sales between private individuals..

Is it me or is it getting hot in here?

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Well obviously it's going to matter... I think a little more scrutiny should be given to those that want to purchase a full auto m/ g. I would like to see them available without a tax stamp but I do believe a bit more of a background check would be acceptable and also f/a weapons should not be allowed to be sold except through an FFL. In other words no private sales between private individuals..

Is it me or is it getting hot in hear?

Look at what we put up with to legally carry concealed? Shall not be infringed my arse.

I don't see anything about the Constitution protecting investors.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The main reason I want NFA to go away is because I hate gun laws. The main reason why I hate guns laws is because liberals love gun laws. Liberals always want more and more gun laws. They will never stop until there are no more guns in the hands of citizens. Every time a gun law is repealed or overturned, the Liberals anti-gun defenses are rolled back.
    Anyone who owns guns, but supports gun laws is on the side of Obama and the anti-gun lobby. If that describes your take on guns, then you need to figure out who's side you are on.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The main reason I want NFA to go away is because I hate gun laws. The main reason why I hate guns laws is because liberals love gun laws. Liberals always want more and more gun laws. They will never stop until there are no more guns in the hands of citizens. Every time a gun law is repealed or overturned, the Liberals anti-gun defenses are rolled back.
    Anyone who owns guns, but supports gun laws is on the side of Obama and the anti-gun lobby. If that describes your take on guns, then you need to figure out who's side you are on.

Quoted for ignorance.

You think there should be NO laws on guns at all?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    There are plenty of laws that I feel should be on the books. You take away all gun laws and you will have a 16 year old felon gang member walking up to the counter at Walmart being able to buy a suppressed Uzi. Extreme example, yep. Possible, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dock Rocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Jackson, MS
    There are plenty of laws that I feel should be on the books. You take away all gun laws and you will have a 16 year old felon gang member walking up to the counter at Walmart being able to buy a suppressed Uzi. Extreme example, yep. Possible, for sure.

That's not a gun law. That is a sanction levied as punishment for being convicted of a felony.

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    It's a law pertaining to guns. Even if you take the felony out of it, the point remains the same.

And an infringement. Liberty is a dangerous thing.

Laws that restrict possession of any item that does no harm in and of itself are an overreach of the law, and are an affront to personal liberty.

Possession of a machine gun no more makes me a murderer than owning a shovel makes me a ditch digger.

The idea that I cannot possess something because someone else may commit a crime is as asinine as getting a divorce because my neighbor cheats on his wife.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You can. So it's wrong the you have to be 21 to purchase alcohol and 18 to purchase tobacco? And that drugs are illegal? And that there are speed limits? And that you can't shoot someone who wrongs you?

According to some of the individuals on this site, there should be no laws.

Then again there are felons and drug heads here as well.

Last edited:

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    You can. So it's wrong the you have to be 21 to purchase alcohol and 18 to purchase tobacco? And that drugs are illegal? And that there are speed limits? And that you can't shoot someone who wrongs you?

Restricting the sale of goods to minors is an overstep, but speed limits on a PUBLIC road are not. Most of the speed limits could, and should, be raised, but they do serve a purpose.

Of course you have to be justified in shooting someone else. Now, that justification depends on the culture that you live in. I have no problem with home invaders being shot, and I tend to side with the property owner on what force can be used with trespassers, or thieves.

It is not the government's duty to protect me from myself, but rather to protect me from others.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Restricting the sale of goods to minors is an overstep, but speed limits on a PUBLIC road are not. Most of the speed limits could, and should, be raised, but they do serve a purpose.

Of course you have to be justified in shooting someone else. Now, that justification depends on the culture that you live in. I have no problem with home invaders being shot, and I tend to side with the property owner on what force can be used with trespassers, or thieves.

It is not the government's duty to protect me from myself, but rather to protect me from others.

So then who determines that justification? Someone's opinion or a law? And how does the government go about protecting you from others? Those other people have civil rights don't they? Don't they have to break a law or attempt to break a law first?

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    A jury of my peers.

I did not say there should be no laws, but if the action that is illegal is murder, I do not need to outlaw items that MAY be used for murder, murder is already illegal.

If I don't want people burglarizing, I don't need to outlaw lock pics, burglary is already illegal.

If the majority of 12 people believe that it was reasonable to shoot the person, it was justified.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I hope the NFA laws can be repealed and someday soon become easier to obtain and own full auto, sbr, and suppressors. I do believe that more stringent background checks should be required to own full auto weopons. I Wouldn't want it to be any easier for criminals to acquire them for nefarious purposes.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I hope the NFA laws can be repealed and someday soon become easier to obtain and own full auto, sbr, and suppressors. I do believe that more stringent background checks should be required to own full auto weopons. I Wouldn't want it to be any easier for criminals to acquire them for nefarious purposes.

So much for shall not be infringed:rolleyes:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

Ok, so let me get this straight..... Dope, guns, and booze for all but we need speed limits, but we need to raise them. I wanna party with you! Can we raise the speed limits in your neighborhood first? I don't want to be late to the party.

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Ok, so let me get this straight..... Dope, guns, and booze for all but we need speed limits, but we need to raise them. I wanna party with you! Can we raise the speed limits in your neighborhood first? I don't want to be late to the party.

Correct, and absolutely, I don't live in a neighborhood, I live off a two lane blacktop. Notice I said most, 35 MPH are reasonable in a residential area, 55 MPH on a two lane black top through the sticks is too conservative. The speed limit should be 65 MPH, that's closer to what everyone drives on it anyway. Same for the Interstate, 80-85 MPH is far from unreasonable.

Public safety has a place on public roads, it does not have a place in my home. If I drink myself stupid on my front porch, it doesn't hurt you one bit.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

Underage smoking/drinking, or driving over the speed limit are a little different than killing somebody. Let's be reasonable here ;)

Also none of those have anything to do with topic at hand :)

Top Bottom