PX4 Storm > Glock ? Rofl

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    What would your first choice be? "On duty carry is px4 and although its not my first choice."

There is quite a list I would prefer over the PX4. Glock, 92, Sig, etc... Like i said before, the gun has never given me a problem, that wasn't ammunition related, but I don't really care for it. Everybody has different tastes. Just my .02.

Cajun_Tiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    To each his own. It's what makes the purchaser of that gun most comfortable. What made me choose the Px4 over Sigs, and HK?...Fit. For some reason every gun I held I kept going back to the px4 over and over and over again. I'm not saying its better quality, b/c HK and Sig are top quality, hands down but the px4 fit me the best. Why I still never mentioned glock? Just my opinion, glocks feel like I'm holding a brick in my hand. To me the fit and ergonomics sucked.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    To each his own. It's what makes the purchaser of that gun most comfortable. What made me choose the Px4 over Sigs, and HK?...Fit. For some reason every gun I held I kept going back to the px4 over and over and over again. I'm not saying its better quality, b/c HK and Sig are top quality, hands down but the px4 fit me the best. Why I still never mentioned glock? Just my opinion, glocks feel like I'm holding a brick in my hand. To me the fit and ergonomics sucked.

I will take reliability for every situation imaginable over "fit" have I held guns that felt better than the glock... Of course. With a little dedication and training I overcame that. Sure the px4 is reliable. But if it had passed every single situation with the same reliability wouldn't we see more of them? As stated here the px4 has some issues with close quarter combat.
    Sure if you wanna depend on a gun for maybe your believe everyday activities that's on you. I however am not physic and don't know what situation may EVER arise.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I will take reliability for every situation imaginable over "fit" have I held guns that felt better than the glock... Of course. With a little dedication and training I overcame that. Sure the px4 is reliable. But if it had passed every single situation with the same reliability wouldn't we see more of them? As stated here the px4 has some issues with close quarter combat.
    Sure if you wanna depend on a gun for maybe your believe everyday activities that's on you. I however am not physic and don't know what situation may EVER arise.

This! And a $389.99 price tag!

I love it when people scoff at AK47s as well

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just my opinion, glocks feel like I'm holding a brick in my hand. To me the fit and ergonomics sucked.

I've never been able to understand the glock ergonomics thing, the mag release is in the same place as every other pistol made and there aren't any other controls really. There isn't anything on the glock to be put in a weird place.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've never been able to understand the glock ergonomics thing, the mag release is in the same place as every other pistol made and there aren't any other controls really. There isn't anything on the glock to be put in a weird place.

The grip angle takes some getting used to.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!

I agree. I think people just are not willing to try something differant. I at first hated the grip angle, but then I realized that I was trying to shoot a european styled combat gun like a american old west revolver... lol! Once I figured that and the trigger reset out, I was sold on the glock...

Cajun_Tiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Lafayette

Beretta has a pretty good rep for reliability. Along with a great fit " for me" and i loved the ergonomics of the gun. It just so happens the PX4 fit my every need. The Glock didn't. I know i'm safer with my Px4 than a Glock. Thats JMO.

Cajun_Tiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    I agree. I think people just are not willing to try something differant. I at first hated the grip angle, but then I realized that I was trying to shoot a european styled combat gun like a american old west revolver... lol! Once I figured that and the trigger reset out, I was sold on the glock...

I'm willing to try something different but its going to go by the name Sig or HK.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Cajun_Tiger;1235647 It just so happens the PX4 fit my every need. The Glock didn't. I know i'm safer with my Px4 than a Glock. Thats JMO.[/QUOTE said:
    put it through the rigors of a REAL training class. I would like a report back on how it performs. The px4 is no doubt a good pistol. That said I think you are operating under a close minded mentality.
    Good luck and stay safe.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I'm willing to try something different but its going to go by the name Sig or HK.

yeah, I've owned those too. Still do better with the glocks. Old HKs were awesome. I cannot stand what they stick HK on these days. Including the one I have to carry daily. Long creepy trigger and craptastic accuracy compared to the glock. (HK P(OS)2000 in 40.) Sigs are'nt much better.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    :)

After a few battle drills, I got bored and tried limp wristing the Glock 19 and stupid grips and whatnot, one handed from the hip and even straight street thug style. Negative on fail to fire.

Maybe I got a bad one? :dogkeke:

Cajun_Tiger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    put it through the rigors of a REAL training class. I would like a report back on how it performs. The px4 is no doubt a good pistol. That said I think you are operating under a close minded mentality.
    Good luck and stay safe.

No doubt in my mind. But I'm 100% positive that if my PX4 could past my rigorious test. LOL. Thats sitting nice and comfortable between my center console and drivers seat. I feel 100% safe with it. If i do want to put any of my guns through rigorious testing i'll break out my Daniel Defense for that. As for a close mentality. I love all pistols. With that said Glock is near the very bottom of what I want in a gun. HK P30 and Sig p226 being #1 and #2 on my list.

Top Bottom