QR Codes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    Surely by now most people have noticed these strange barcode looking codes on products in stores, at the gas pumps, online, etc.
    If you haven't seen these yet you soon will, because they will probably be on everything before long.
    These QR Codes can be encoded with lots of information like, Website URL's, Personal Contact Info, etc, and when scanned by a smart phone, will take you right to the information you are looking for, or someone wants you to see.
    The possibilities are endless, especially for advertising and such.
    There are a lot of Scanner Apps out there. One I have found that works well on iTunes is "AT&T Code Scanner" its a free app that allows you to quickly Scan the QR codes, Barcodes, etc. You can also use it to create the codes as well for whatever you might need.

Pretty cool and interesting.
    If you have a Scanner App on your smart phone, give this one a try.

attachment.php

Buck8Point

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I've been doing a lot of design-for-printing work lately with QR Codes... it's cool stuff! I had a customer who wanted to print business cards with a QR Code for each employee's vcard, but I still haven't been able to get the vcard feature to work correctly. =(

Here's a good site with a free QR Code generator and a lot more info: www.qrstuff.com

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    We started using these in the store this year. It is actually pretty easy for customers to scan the little code on each product tag and find out a lot more information on the things they're looking at. Pretty cool if it works correctly.

~rc~

Top Bottom