Question for the LEOs here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Lacombe
    Heyyyyyy! Wait a minute! Your skillful usage of these "inherent and specific to BS" emoji's has me wondering if you are no stranger to this place?!? Right down to you deftly acting as if you don't know that all new members are attacked upon their first post!

Nice bit of reverse psychology!

:mamoru:

:) Like I said, lurks much. Im no stranger to emoticons. Im a registered user to over 20 different internet forums.

Holier-than-thou attitudes certainly arent rare in Louisiana so my big boy pants stay on 24 hour notice. The kicker here is that attitude usually doesnt come prepackaged with intelligence like it does in other parts of the country. I guess people have to pretend something to protect their manhood/pride/ego. Wheres the "imitates jerking-off gesture" emoticon?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't know why it requires it, maybe its just my digital duty - but lets point out the obvious for those missing it.

1) thats a LOT of officers for "a noise complaint" - I'm going out on a limb and taking the position that 20 officers were not dispatched because his TV was too loud.

2) He was asked 5 times, then told 4 times, then given an ultimatum to step outside. He refused after being told (three times) that he was under arrest. When an officer says you are under arrest, sthu and do what they say. Re-read that last bit, the advice is that valuable and is often overlooked.

3) If it WAS a noise violation, they were awful hostile at the officers presence for merely a "sir, turn music down." I don't know what it was and I'm not speculating - but I'm betting that there's history to that story. See #1 for additional consideration on this point.

ultimately: RSC nailed it on post 2. We know exactly as much as that **** poor journalism site knows: squat

Last edited:

FXDWG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Covington, LA
    Gee, welcome to the forum, huh? :rolleyes:

I registered because I was interested in what has been going on in St. Tammany with the firearm ordinance and this forum doesnt let you lurk much. There is a maximum number of pages you can view unless youre registered. I also met a member recently that suggested this forum to me. Said everybody was nice. :ohreally:

I posted those laws because the OP asked questions pertinent to those laws specifically. :fawk:

Welcome. Sincerely.

But I think that you are misinterpreting a content comment with lack of welcome. Quite separate items.

As to the video, it does not give us much to work with in the situation shown, but the official records, complaint call recording and officer body cams will show us even more.

Arguing with law enforcement while they are working a situation is almost always a fool's choice. But bite off as much as you think you can chew. You almost never win on the street and rarely win in court, but a lot of people try.

I would wait for the matter to be handled. Here is the initial response:

http://www.wbrc.com/story/30472921/sheriff-identifies-3-ua-students-arrested-in-case-that-sparked-tpd-internal-investigation

Sounds pretty reasonable as a starting point to me. Much better than relying upon a bunch of screaming denials and childish acting in making any conclusions. The classic holding up of hands and resisting while loudly claiming to not be resisting is sure to be a big hit with anyone who has ever made an arrest or been in a criminal court. Then there is a lot of language, uncertainty and odd actions from the police. They actually took more than most, but their hesitation might indicate the weakness of their PC. Neither side has won me over, but I will watch for the process before coming to any conclusions.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom