Question?????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    On the LA CCW form, it has a section for training, you can check off pistol, revolver, or both.

I have yet to go to class, am scheduled for 4-10-10. Question is, if they only train and put down revolver or pistol.
    Am I limited to one or the other? Because, I will change out which weapon I carry between a S&W 642 .38 and a S&W M&P .40
    If so, do I need to go to two classes? Bring different weapon to class?
    Its at Alexandria Shooting Indoor range, anybody been through their class?
    I was gonna call the range today, but they're closed.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Check them both, you are supposed to test out on both but I am yet to find an instructor that makes u actually do it, usually they just verbally tell u to check both, if I remember correctly is worded handgun or revolver which makes not much sense since a revolver is a handgun too lol, it's been years since I did my permit

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    For a LA CHP, the question is there for statistical purposes only. You can answer both if your instructor covers both in the class. There are some states, that if you qualify with a revolver, then you can only carry a revolver. Louisiana is not one of them.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    For a LA CHP, the question is there for statistical purposes only. You can answer both if your instructor covers both in the class. There are some states, that if you qualify with a revolver, then you can only carry a revolver. Louisiana is not one of them.

+1
    This is for statistics of what the instructors are teaching in their courses. Or so I have been told, for what ever that is worth.

BayouDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Terrebonne Parish
    I checked both FWIW. The instructor did go over basic function and shooting techniques with both types of handgun but we just qualified with whatever we brought to the range.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom