Questions about Exporting Firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Is anyone here familiar with the process of legally exporting a firearm from the United States to a place like Australia?

I'm currently posted to Queensland, Australia as part of my schooling and ran into a guy at another school who is a pretty avid shooter and collector. Surprising to me private ownership of firearms isn't completely banned, just highly restricted and resulting with some obscenely high prices with a Mosin 91/30 running around a thousand dollars.

This guy has been in the market for a 1903 Springfield of some sorts for quite some time; this sort of rifle is legal to possess in Australia if one goes through all the requisite paperwork. However as it is an American rifle they're not exactly easy to come across in Australia or pretty much anywhere else for that matter. He's imported guns from places like New Zealand and Canada in the past and is familiar with the import process but I was wondering what it would take to legally export one of these rifles to Australia from the United States. Does anyone here have any experience of knowledge as to how this works?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom