Quickest way to a birth certificate?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I lost mine and need a certified copy quick, fast, and in a hurry. I ordered one earlier in the week online and was told it was submitted for processing and shipping, processing takes 5-7 business days. Being a state office, I have no faith in things being timely. I really need it in my hands by 12/10. Will the Clerk of Court's office provide a copy in person the same day?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If it is a Louisiana BC go to the office in Baton Rouge. It is located at 353 N 12th St.They will give you one in the spot.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I lost mine and need a certified copy quick, fast, and in a hurry. I ordered one earlier in the week online and was told it was submitted for processing and shipping, processing takes 5-7 business days. Being a state office, I have no faith in things being timely. I really need it in my hands by 12/10. Will the Clerk of Court's office provide a copy in person the same day?

Call Obama's people

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I think any Clerk of Court's office can give you a Birth Card. I got one about 5 yrs ago in Clinton when I needed to prove to DMV what my name was when I wanted them to put my correct name back on my DL. I think it cost $14

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I didn't think all those places would give certified copies with a seal. That's why I gave him the address to the vital records office.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    LOL! Be careful going to those state record offices. I needed a copy of some insurance licensing docs some years ago from the Dept of Insurance. I was directed to a warehouse in Baton Rouge. I walked in, no one in sight, aisles and aisles of boxes of records. A tennis ball came innocently bouncing towards me quickly followed by over a hundred pounds of Rottweiler! It charged me and then waited for me to throw the ball... twenty minutes later and a gallon of slobber I got my copies...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I think that Vital records office in New Orleans was in the same location 50+ years ago.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    There are only 3-4 places in the state that can print a CERTIFIED copy on the spot, for some reason west for is one of them. Stopped by and got them for wife and son earlier this year.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    You can get a card at the office on 12th street in BR. Probably get a paper copy as well, but I think they have to mail it to you. A few years ago, I had to go to Buffalo and wanted to go to Niagara Falls in Canada and had no passport. Lost my BC in a tornado. With the BC card, you can drive into Canada, but can't fly (go figure). Have a passport now.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Vital records in BR WILL NOT give you anything. They are nothing but a keoisk now. Takes a couple weeks. Had to do it this year for both my kids for school. Only place you can go in and get it is in NOLA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I will say again, you can walk into the west fel parish clerk of court office( basement of courthouse ) and within 5 minutes walk out with an official certified louisiana birth cert. I believe the cost was around $25. There is never a wait there, leave your hardware in the car as you will go thru a metal detector at the door

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    Go into any Army Recruiting office. They will be able to tell you how to get it quick, fast and in a hurry. I processed plenty of enlistment packets on recruits that did not have some of or any of their documents when I was a recruiter in Ohio. SSN card, Birth Certificate, HS and/or College Diploma. Once I had a kid that was homeless agreed to join the Army on a Saturday. Took the ASVAB Sunday evening with his fingerprint, wile he was taking the physical the next morning I was out getting his SSN, BC, HS, and police checks had them all in hand and place in his packet before he was done with the physical.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I will say again, you can walk into the west fel parish clerk of court office( basement of courthouse ) and within 5 minutes walk out with an official certified louisiana birth cert. I believe the cost was around $25. There is never a wait there, leave your hardware in the car as you will go thru a metal detector at the door

After 8 years, I'm still not familiar with the geography of this end of the state, but I'll keep this in mind if I don't have it by next Monday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom