Random thoughts of a cop in the can

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well with your theory an RPG isnt dangerous until it hits something. Speed enhances crashes but that should be common sense, and you answered your own question, the officers have caused no accidents in their behavior but the behavior of the violators enhances crashes. Not really seeing your point. You have went from bad departments to complaining about how departments hide to catch speeders. Didnt you say you didnt have anything against police and you had family or friends that were police or some crap like that. I think most racists start their racist statements with something like "i have black friends, but......" See where this is going?

By your logic an RPG isnt dangerious untill it hits something either. My arguement hasnt changed. See to you I'm a violator and am dangerious for speeding, but your brothers in blue can do insainly stupid things like enter an interstate in the dark facing into traffic, and its just good police work.

I've never claimed friends or family that are police. I have no special affection or special hatered. We just seem to have an ideological gap in what the role of police and police departments is in our society.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    We just seem to have an ideological gap in what the role of police and police departments is in our society.

You're the guy who yells "Police are public servants, they serve me!", right?

Agree to disagree, but telling someone they don't know how to do their job, when you don't have experience in the field, is silly.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Agree to disagree, but telling someone they don't know how to do their job, when you don't have experience in the field, is silly.

he doesnt get it

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Never said that. But just like if you did something in your line of work that was obviously wrong and obviously illegal, and I had to witness it. I would call you out on it too. And I would hope if you caught me you would confront me as well because we are all human and none of us are infallible.

he doesnt get it

Neither do you but thats ok. If you give me a ticket one day I'll be just as polite as I am with every officer I encounter, because I know a large portion of your job is a **** show and while we may disagree I do believe most individuals who pin on the badge do it for good and honorable reasons.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Never said that. But just like if you did something in your line of work that was obviously wrong and obviously illegal, and I had to witness it. I would call you out on it too. And I would hope if you caught me you would confront me as well because we are all human and none of us are infallible.

Neither do you but thats ok. If you give me a ticket one day I'll be just as polite as I am with every officer I encounter, because I know a large portion of your job is a **** show and while we may disagree I do believe most individuals who pin on the badge do it for good and honorable reasons.

just out of curiosity, what is your profession?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    just out of curiosity, what is your profession?

I an accountant. As I mentioned before in practice I served in the capacity of a external auditor and accountant to government agencies, as well as typical individual and business related accounting, and I currently run the accounting department for a nationwide privately held company.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I would hope you tell the person in charge and not call me out on it directly, because that's how things get done.

I an accountant. As I mentioned before in practice I served in the capacity of a external auditor and accountant to government agencies, as well as typical individual and business related accounting, and I currently run the accounting department for a nationwide privately held company.

So you have absolutely zero expertise in the field of a Law Enforcement Officer's daily obligations.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I would hope you tell the person in charge and not call me out on it directly, because that's how things get done.

So you have absolutely zero expertise in the field of a Law Enforcement Officer's daily obligations.

It really depends sometimes speaking to you directly is a good idea and sometimes its not a good choice. Sometimes its the only choice, and sometimes its not an option at all. But I get your point. I have called departments ist almost as productive as voting.

And you are an expert in?

Edit

And if you arnt an expert in Louisiana's laws on "general funds" are you allowed to bitch and complain when some polititian robs your town blind?

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    And since you're likely not a forensic accountant dont even bother saying anything when you realize the money you gave the church got used by some douche to hire strippers.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Oh wait Dave, are you a law maker?

You cant gripe about things like Mr. Neck tat being able to own guns cause you are no law making expert either.

Hopefully I have dispelled that asinine argueement.

Can we move on?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    And since you're likely not a forensic accountant dont even bother saying anything when you realize the money you gave the church got used by some douche to hire strippers.

LOL WHAT?!?!

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Amazing you have ANY mod capacity on this forum.

Are you salty because they didn't nominate you to tell people they need pictures in their sales thread?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    LOL WHAT?!?!

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

I'm simply making up absurd senarios in which you may not be an expert in, to illistrate the equal absurdity that you professed when you said that because I have never served in the capacity as a law enforcement officer that (summary not quote) I couldn't understand how an obviously stupid behavior was less dangerous than speeding.

Edit for fun.

You dont have to be a brew chief or a vetranarian to know the diference between horse **** and beer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom