Range on Choctaw?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    It's a good range. The new owners name is Troy, and I personally have had nothin' but great dealings with him. Seems straight up and a good guy to deal with.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I go 4-5 times a month. Sometimes a couple of lanes are down but it has never been a problem since I am usually the only one on the range. You have to be a member to shoot a rifle of any kind, but the membership is only $125 for an entire year. If you are a regular shooter, know what you are doing and don't need anything other than a place to shoot and a target you can't beat it for the price.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Funny story:
    I used to shoot with a friend named Rob. One day we went to Precision. A bunch of white guys eyed us when we came in. My friend was black and I had a pony tail at the time. My friend was well spoken and well dressed, his jeans were not saggy. You should have seen the look on the guy's faces when he pulled the Glock 20 out of his pocket. All 5 or so of them were like "Holy crap! What kind of pants are those? Where did you get them?" He was 5'8", all district corner back. His jeans fit well and you couldn't tell he was carrying. The pockets were deep.

ChordsBail

Glock and BHP nuff said
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Now it appears to be Diamond, though it used to be something else.

Used to be called red stick, my buddy was good friends with the owner. Man those were some fun times the 3 of us and alot of weaponry!!!! too far for me I stick to Precision!!

Last edited:

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    ammo sold at ranges is always ridiculously priced anyway
    Agreed. However, I refuse to shoot out of my home stash. Any ammo that makes it home with me becomes a part of my stash. And I am loathe to see it shrink.

That and I'm lazy. I don't mind paying for the convenience...

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    We had the P7 shoot there back in March. Troy opened the range for us on Sunday when they are normally closed. I had an enjoyable experience, but that was the only time I have been. I don't know what the typical crowd is like as it was just us BS'ers. I would definitely go back, especially for a BS group shoot.

Top Bottom