Rangemaster Rowdy Targets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    This post is just a F.Y.I. for other clubs that might purchase targets from this company.
    This all started back in July in Tulsa, Ok. at the Pro-Am steel match. Rangemaster Rowdy was there and we looked over their targets systems.
    We were interested in their Dueling Tree targets.
    We returned home and brought up this idea of purchasing a couple of Rangemaster Rowdy dueling trees for the club. It was agreed to purchase the targets which we did. Rangemaster Rowdy was to attend the Gator Classic and agreed to bring our targets to the match to be picked up by our members that were there shooting the Gator. All went well to that point.
    We got the target systems back home and tried to use them in our next match. The dueling trees are angled forward toward the shooter at a set degree of angle to do two things; (1) add weight via gravity to slow down the rate at which the plates move the the other side of the rack, and (2) to angle the splatter down toward the ground. It became apparent that the angle was too extreme due to the fact that only a "full house" .45 acp was strong enough to send the plates to the other side. A "hot" 9mm could if you hit the outer edge of the plate, anything other than the outside edge with a 9mm would not do it.
    I contacted Rangemaster Rowdy and explained the problem. I measured the angle on the target system and it was at 30 degrees, upon hearing this he admitted that this was wrong and would have the targets picked up and repaired and returned to us. He had said that he would email me his SAIA account number to ship them back. After a week with no email, I called them, he said that they would like to send us some 1/4" thick plates to use instead of the 5/16" thick that came with the dueling trees. He did send ONE plate to try.
    We determined that we could do some modifications to the legs of the main rack to tilt it rearward and make the 1/4" thick plate work. I notified Rangemaster Rowdy of this and they said that they would ship the remainder of the plates.
    It has been two months of phone calls and emails and we were still waiting for this issue to be rectified to which it has not.
    Over the holidays, I took the dueling trees and had them cut and rewelded to a lesser degree of angle so that the plates will move to the other side of the main rack. This re-work and with the addition of our leg modifications will allow us to use the targets with all calibers and maybe even rim-fire.
    Like I said, this is just a F.Y.I. to any other clubs that might consider this vendor for their targets.

Henry Thiels- Pres.
    Cenla Sport Shooters

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I thought the pro am was a lot of fun. I shot limited, got 4th C, and then er, decided to sit out the entire open round.:doh:

IRRC it was 200-250 rounds, Not really sure. It was a long way to drive for not many rounds and way to few seconds of actual shooting. But it was fun. I want to go again.

Here is my video from the match.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk84RzGXTe8[/ame]

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    UPDATE:
    We were recently contacted by Rangemaster Rowdy upon them reading my earlier post on this forum. They contacted us and wanted to rectify this problem. They asked what it take to make things right at this late date. They offered to send us some of their product. We took them up on their offer and they sent us six refurbished steel poppers free of charge including the shipping, which we received last week. We are completely satisfied with them.
    In the shooting sports, a company's reputation rests with the word of mouth of the shooters who participate in the sport. This is a testimony to that. We would like to thank Rangemaster Rowdy for their effort to make us happy and also Bayou Shooter, for giving us the exposure to get our problem noticed by the vendor.

Henry Thiels
    Pres. Cenla Sport Shooters

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Well that's good that they made up for their shortcomings. It means a lot to me when a business will straighten things out. Better late than never!

I just googled "Rangemaster Rowdy Targets " and this is thread is the 5th result in google.

ToolBox

Craig
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    OKC
    Good Morning All,
    My name is Craig Smith.
    I'm with Range Master Rowdy.
    I want to thank henry for his update regarding the company. I came on with this company in january of 2011. As soon as it was brought to my attention about henry's first post regarding the targets that were sent in fall 2010 i was immmediately on the phone to our contact for Cenla Sport Shooters. I informed him who i was and apologized on behalf of the company. I then asked what i could do to make things right. The responce he gave was good, but not good enough. We, the company Raised the bar a little higher and did what we said we would. I know this should have never happened. However we stepped up and did all we could to make our customer happy. This i feel has been accomplished based on henry's update. I am here for Quality control and customer support. Everyone please feel free to contact me anytime. I'm here to help. We have a great line of targets and only ask that you give us a fair shot.
    again, a BIG THANK YOU TO HENRY AND CENLA SPORT SHOOTERSfor the update.
    Craig Smith
    craig@lewismfg.com
    888-398-4719

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Craig, customer service is everything in our sport. Continue to support folks like Henry and you'll go a long way.

ToolBox

Craig
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    OKC
    Thank's scooterj,
    That is one of the reasons the company brought me on. I'm looking forward to working with all ya'll. Hope to make a shoot match the next time i come down to visit my family in New Iberia.

Jesse Tischauser

The Mayor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    I was just involved with running a 3 gun stage at the 2011 Oklahoma State SWAT Championships. One of the guys from Range Master Rowdy was there A's well. We had the pleasure of introducing their Polish Plate Rack to the SWAT teams. I also took a run at it. Talk about fun! I expect we will all see more of these things at matches in the future.

It's good to see this company out supporting the shooting community. I'm glad this situation got resolved.

ToolBox

Craig
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    OKC
    Thank's for the support. I was the camera man running behind you at that shoot. I had a blast that day. I seem to have an issue with getting the boss to let me shoot as well. That is shoot something other than video. lol

Top Bottom