Rant Threadj! Get it off your chest here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    First a comment. Please put all the stickies back where they belong. I don't know why someone thought it was a good idea to move them all to one location. For instance, I'm a new member and I want to learn how to reload. Do I go to a obscure banner under the advertisements that no one reads or do I go to the "Ammo and Reloading" forum? Put the stickies back!!!!

Now for my rant. What's up with all you lazy ass people in BR and especially Livingston parish. You want a good deal you see in the classifieds and your too lazy to drive to pick it up? Some examples: I post a firearm f/s at a very good price (I don't ask new gun prices for used guns. That's another rant) and specifically state "FTF in the Houma/ NOLA area" and sure enough I'll get a PM from some dingleberry "Would you take $50 less and oh could we meet in BR?" So now you want a discount and you want me to deliver it to you!! You can kiss my big fat white ass!! This happens so often that I don't even bother replying anymore.
    On one occasion I put a Ipad up for sale and stated in the ad "I will NOT ship FTF only" Sure enough some numnuts in Livingston whats to buy it but demands that I ship it. KMA.
    The best story about the derps in Livingston is one were I was the buyer I didn't even try to negotiate the price and I asked if he would be willing to meet me at Cabelas to make the deal. At first he said yes but on the day we were supposed to meet I called him to let him know I was on my way and he says "I don't want to drive that far"! He's got a 20 min drive at most and I'm an 1 1/2 away! Lazy **** KMA and keep your gun.
    What started this rant was something that happened last night. I have some N320 powder for sale. A 4# jug of this stuff sells for $100.50 at Powder Valley when it's in stock plus hazmat and shipping. I'm selling 2 jugs for $125. Less than half price. I don't use it anymore and I'd rather see it get used rather than sit in the powder mag getting old. I get a PM last night "I want to buy the powder call me" so I call and this farthandle says "I don't go to Houma can you bring it to me in Kenner?" WTF didn't you read the post!! You won't drive to Houma from Kenner? You lazy turd Kiss My Ass while I cut a bubbly fart!!!

Now I know not all of y'all are this lazy. I've done business with a lot of good folks on here and plan on doing more. The ppl I'm describing you know who you are and shame on you.

When someone posts something I want and they say FTF in a certain area then I go to that area to do the deal. If it's a long distance I'll ask if they can meet half way if the answer is no and I want what they're selling then I still go meet them.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I can't stand it when someone makes a typo in a thread title, then offers a great deal on a powder I don't need or use. I think you should go buy eight pounds of Bullseye and then sell it to me at half of what you paid for it. Oh, and I need you to deliver it to Algiers. I'll be the guy in my PJ's, cause I'm too lazy to get dressed.

PS As long as you're coming over, . . . Would you mind stopping at the store and picking up a six pack of PBR?:rofl:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I can't stand it when someone makes a typo in a thread title, then offers a great deal on a powder I don't need or use. I think you should go buy eight pounds of Bullseye and then sell it to me at half of what you paid for it. Oh, and I need you to deliver it to Algiers. I'll be the guy in my PJ's, cause I'm too lazy to get dressed.

PS As long as you're coming over, . . . Would you mind stopping at the store and picking up a six pack of PBR?:rofl:

I do not believe someone with a quote about "beer being proof gods loves us" wanting a sixxer of PBR. That must be part of the joke about lazy PBR drinking hipsters.

hipster-beard-pbr.jpg

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la

:rofl: PBR??:confused: That stuff will clean you out faster than 2 white castles and a mountain dew

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    everything ive purchased from this site was from someone that said X price and FTF.

I've yet to pay full price or meet anyone FTF, I'm just willing to pay for shipping. Twice I purchased from someone in my own town, and both times I asked for it to be shipped. When they say "my ad said FTF!", I respond with something like "your ad also said it was posted 3 weeks ago. it takes 5 minutes to swing by UPS...and i'll pay for it" Sold.

Has absolutely nothing to do with being lazy. Has 50% to do with the fact that my day is more important than what you're selling, and 50% that I just don't have any desire to meet you. Remember that unless its a ridiculously good deal, I can buy whatever you are selling at about the same price online- and itll ship.

If you are offering that good of a deal, you won't have any trouble getting people to meet ya.

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    You will not go straight to FPMITAP for passing a cop of he is driving the speed limit.

Also, if you're on Plank Rd. in Baker and you know there is a speed camera, you do not need to go 10mph UNDER the speed limit. :mad:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    People that don't bother cleaning up at least a little before taking pics of their guns for sale. Yes, I want to see the gun. No, I don't want to see your disgusting sheets or what you had for dinner.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    How can you be sure if a bear is coming at you if it is a real attack or just a bluff charge. I hate it when all these you tube bear videos people are saying. "oh, that was only a bluff charge". WTF? If I'm hiking in the woods and a bear suddenly appears at 20 yds. I don't think I'm gonna hesitate so I can try and figure out if he is only bluffing me. Then, when I'm done and stopped cimp (crapping in my pants) I'll head on home and change my draws.

That's my rant.

Oh, by the way, I don't go in the woods any more, my ole body's all wore out, but that's another rant for a rainy day.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    People that don't bother cleaning up at least a little before taking pics of their guns for sale. Yes, I want to see the gun. No, I don't want to see your disgusting sheets or what you had for dinner.

Nor do I want to see your stinky feet or gnarly looking toes. Gawd..... some of you look like Cro-magnons that may have just started waliking upright 2 generations ago. Kinda like my ex-wife.

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I hate:

People that ask for a favor and then complain that's not he way they would have done it........ Then get off of your ass and do it yourself, because next time my help is coming with a bill.

How people pronounce idea, IDEAR....... Spell it dammit. They're isn't an "R" in there!

The picture of that hipster reminds me how much I hate hipsters.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any other social media site that offers nothing of substance. I don't care what you are doing at this instant or about your great deal at the store........ UNless it is gun, fishing or hunting related of course.

Artificial bacon bits.

Sour cream.

Rant over;)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Nor do I want to see your stinky feet or gnarly looking toes. Gawd..... some of you look like Cro-magnons that may have just started waliking upright 2 generations ago. Kinda like my ex-wife.

Explain please. Are you referring to the 3 mile traffic jam that ensues when cops drive 60mph in a 60 mph zone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    When everyone slams on their brakes because a cop has someone pulled over, or slam on the brakes when there is an accident....on the opposite side of the road. Carry on, do not slow down 20mph below speed limit just to rubberneck!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom