Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    Ok, guys. for probably the first time ever, the cartoon show "South Park" has actually made me think and I had to agree with them. Last night on Comedy Central, they played an episode in which the children were to read the newly un-banned book The Catcher in the Rye. After reading the book and trying to find why it was deemed controversial enough to ban it, they found it was, to a fourth grade mind, non-controversial. They went on to decide to see if they could write a book so terrible it would be banned.

They suceded in writing a book so disgusting and raw that a person could not get through the first paragraph without vomiting. A stretch, I know, but stay with me, there IS a point in here. The "book" went on to be a best seller, and there is other story parts which i will not get into. In short, they were trying to get the thing banned for being so terrible, but the people were LOVING this book, reading underlying messages into something written purely for the gross out factor. In one example of how far they took it, they were reading pro life and pro choice messages out of poop coming out of a woman's breasts. Sorry for the mental image going through your mind right now, but you get the idea.

Now, like I said, this actually got me thinking. Have we really gotten this bad?

Then I saw the "beloved" "Reverend" Jesse Jackson on the news this morning talking about how a merger between UNO and a predominantly black college in NOLA is a race issue, rather that the budget issue the state pronounces it as. Risking being called a racist by Mr. Jackson, I will side with the state. This state has been making budget cuts to the education department for years, this was just a matter of time before it happened. Mr. Jackson obviously has not seen this, and is reading too much into this, or just trying to stir the pot to be able to buy his kids some new shoes...:mamoru:

How many other things can you think of? Maybe the recent decision to censor Mark Twain to remove the "N" word from a work of historic literature?

Anyway, redass temporarily soothed.

Rant off.

Last edited:

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I was talking about the merger with my wife last night because it was on the news. I haven't looked extensively too it, but it seems to me that the State is trying to save some money and make the school systems more efficient. Anytime Jackson is involved, it turns into a circus.

~rc~

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I was not aware that Catcher in the Rye was ever banned. We read Of Mice and Men - where they euthanize a retard. I guess the mentally handicapped don't deserve the mercy that normal every day Americans with dark skin "deserve" ?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The major issue in the UNO / SUNO merger is power and politics. Those at SUNO realize they will lose their political influence and hence lose their funding freebies from their political enablers. UNO is the larger of the 2 by leaps and bounds, and thus the political influence will end up favoring their seats at the money trough.

SUNO is predominately a black campus; of course UNO predominately the unforgiven color. The true meaning is being thinly veiled by a ******** racist theme.

Those of you that shed a tear for education cuts had better not watch the documentary, Waiting for Superman. It is a scathing yet sobering indictment of the public school systems and the unions that have them in a death grip. And if you are one of those that know the children are innocent victims until they can grasp what is going on around them you may actually shed a psycological tear for them, because they are doomed.

And sadly enough, it is being played out at the college level in this proposed merger.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom