Re-transfer to New FFL?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I just purchased a firearm out of state and had it sent to a local FFL. I will leave the name of the FFL out in hopes they figure out a way to fix the issue on their own. The day after the firearm shipped they close shop for over a week. Gave me zero notice that they would not actually be there to receive the firearm in a timely fashion. Needless to say I'm slightly aggrivated. I would love to get this re-directed to another FFL but the post office is the post office and won't get back to me til God knows when...so my questions is, am I just SOL? Or is there any other alternatives to getting this re routed. I really dont want this sent back to sender and have the complications multiplied. Thanks.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I just went through this exact scenario with my P30 a few months ago. I had to wait for the first ffl to not take delivery at their nonexistent address, then wait for USPS to not deliver it and the ffl to not go and pick it up for 3 days before it got sent back to Top Gun. I was able to sweettalk the girl at the USPS and got it sent back earlier. Once it left Top Gun the first time it was not possible for them to redirect. So it is likely you'll be in for a bit of a wait

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom