RECCE Build - Updated 11/11/16

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    I was having a discussion last night about parts becoming scarce. When I was looking for a BCG, the options were slim. If you had to have one immediately, there were enough choices, but you would definitely have to pay for it. I haven't seen much price gouging from online retailers on parts, but I have seen it on magazines and complete uppers/lowers. People are paying $15/16 for PMAG's. For that price, I'm buying Lancer.
    I haven't seen much gouging either, just scarce parts but its coming again. If you search the parts are there but like you said its gonna cost because its mostly the high end parts left. On the mags, I've seen them go up to 40 bucks for gen 2 pmags on the last election and people were paying that. I picked up my first lancer mag a couple weeks ago and they're very nice.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    From here on out, I'm only buying high end parts, so I'll hopefully be okay. I'd rather have one high dollar quality gun than have a bunch of low end commercial guns. I'm good on most of the typical panic buying stuff. This may even give me a reason to order a billet set.
    I feel the same. I did the billet set (bayou shooter) and still in the process of upgrading parts to what I want on it, like I should've done from start with it. Like the saying buy once cry once. I just recently picked up a sons of liberty forged lower and have to say its the best looking forged I've ever touched.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    I hear a lot of good things about them (sons of liberty). I'm very pleased with the Aero sets I have, but I'd like to get my hands on some CMT, Seekins, and Gibbz receivers.
    I really like the seekins set. I believe 2A Armament is next on my list.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I think I was all in at about $130 for the vltor a5 tube, vltor spring kit and green springco spring. I think the magpul sr25 length R E accepts a5 buffers and spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    It's amazing how much cheaper a build can be when you're not a douchebag (me) and decide to go billet ;)

this looks good. My 8" 300BLK will be done soon............

..............................................as soon as my stamp comes in.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Oh, if I get impatient once the parts are in I may tempt you with some craft beer and have an assembly day on my upper. I haven't gotten the tools yet, although at some point I will since I have 2-3 more ARs planned.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Sho will. The transition from an IV peddler to a butt wiper is time consuming. My days off are usually consumed by a meat wagon or mechanical wasp, but at once I get the everything together I will make time.

My next build was going to be a 6ish inch 9mm SBR, but I think I may go with a 20" rifle due to the current NFA situation. Maybe even a .308

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My new torque wrench showed up, so I torqued everything down and have it 100% complete. Just waiting on optics now.

30886429956_a3f5da31c2_b.jpg

The Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 2 & Arisaka Inline Mount fit very well on this handguard!

30886427946_7e14282be7_z.jpg

30834596681_028f730744_z.jpg

Very good looking gun!

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks!!

I'm currently searching for a front sight so I can go break in the barrel. I'll have to run it without the light until I can find a front sight that will fit with the large Protac bezel. I'm going to try out a friend's MBUS Pro and hope that it fits.
    Dave are you looking for a temporary sight or a permanent one?

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    Temporary for now.

I think Magpul MBUS front sights are only like $30ish, so I'll try to find one of those for the time being. At least until I can find a good deal on the Magpul MBUS Pro sights (if they fit).
    I recommend the mft flip up sight for a temporary use but not for a permanent leave. They're narrow and should fit so you can run some rounds through it, they're just not robust.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom