Received a reply from Senator Vitter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    Dear Mr. McKinney,

Thank you for contacting me to voice your opposition to new gun control laws in response to the recent school shootings in Connecticut and California . I appreciate hearing your views, and I agree with you.

In the wake of these tragedies , many in Washington are calling for increased restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms, arguing that it will help to reduce gun violence. For example, Senator Feinstein (D-CA) has announced plans to re introduce a ban on assault weapons and to limit magazine capacity. Also, President Obama has signed 23 executive actions and has called on Congress to pass legislation, including background checks for all firearms sales . However, as many supporters of the Second Amendment have pointed out, increased restrictions do little to affect the actions of criminals, who by definition do not abide by the law. Instead, they restrict the rights of law-abiding Americans.

I am a firm believer and ardent supporter of the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment. This constitutional right, and our heritage of using firearms for sporting and self-defense purposes, does not have to be sacrificed to reduce gun-related violence. Instead, w e should focus on enforcing the extensive laws already in place and turn our attention to more appropriate measures , such as increasing the safety of our schools and keep ing guns out of the hands of those who may be mentally incapable of owning them responsibly .

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you and your family.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I saw a blurb yest that he has formed a couple of PACs in anticipation of running for guv the next time around.

Of course he denies any intention to run . . . .
    :eh:

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I got the same letter from him a few days ago. I got one from Landrieu too but it isn't as positive as Vitter's, lol. I filled out the "take action" tab on Ruger.com. Took like 20 seconds & mass emailed Obama, Biden, Boehner, Reid, & then your individual state Sens & Reps.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I got the same letter from him a few days ago. I got one from Landrieu too but it isn't as positive as Vitter's, lol. I filled out the "take action" tab on Ruger.com. Took like 20 seconds & mass emailed Obama, Biden, Boehner, Reid, & then your individual state Sens & Reps.

What makes you think they pay any attention at all to these mass mailings?
    :eh:

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Not to derail the thread, but, what was the outcome for Biden's visit and his support for scary Mary?? I have not heard if he raised a lot for her and if she was their rubbing elbows with him...

Top Bottom