Recoil spring on XD9 4" barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    Hey boys and girls. I bought my wife an XD 9 4" service pistol. Is there any way to change the recoil spring to a reduced recoil spring. I've loaded some 9ammo for my glock 34 for production. Power factor 140. It cycles both guns but will not lock back the slide on the last round on the XD 9. I would rather not upload my rounds. Any ideas, suggestions. Thanks.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Mike, the Tactical "5inch" XD uses standard 1911 springs. Never thought to look for replacements for my service model.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Mike

You can buy a full size guide rod from pistolgear, since you have the 4" model you will have to run a commander/officer 1911 spring instead of a Government 5", you can also buy the springs from pistolgear if they have them in stock if not Wolf Springs always has them.

That Is the setup that I run on my XD40V10, just make sure you put the flat part of the spring towards the muzzle, if you put it the other way it will get stuck when you try to take the slide off.

You can also get a multi pack of springs from Wolf so you can try diferent power factor so you can check which works best with yout loads, I think they start from 16# and goes all the way to 24#

http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=00PG035

http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=T01CCB

Holla if you have questions buddy

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Guate_shooter i just bought a XD9 and i noticed that the cotter pen in front of the rear sight pushes up after 100rnds of shooting. any ideas??

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Guate_shooter i just bought a XD9 and i noticed that the cotter pen in front of the rear sight pushes up after 100rnds of shooting. any ideas??

Not really, if you are refering to what I think you are, that "pin" is what holds your firing pin in place, it should be super thight since you have to beat it out with a punch for it to come out it has a C shape. You could probably get in touch with pistol gear and they might have replacements for it if you have a defective one.

Springfield Armory will probably require for you to send the gun back .

Can you take a picture of what you talking about just so I dont get you the wrong info?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Look there you go Scooter Hooked you up.

When you replace it make sure you beat it out from the bottom part of your slide out to the top, not the other way around

Top Bottom