Recommend a Good Beer!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Never been much of a drinker up until a couple of years ago. I can not find a beer that I enjoy, is it something that you have to have a taste for because it all pretty much taste the same 2 me. I enjoy Crown, margaritas, fireball, and I got some makers mark today and its pretty good. Rum/Whiskey drinks is pretty much what I stick 2. Recommend something that I can find Local please. I am going to Florida next month and I'll pick up yuling (correct spelling?) I hear good things about that.

Winn-Dixie has a make your own 6pack thing so I think I'll try that out before I buy something I don't enjoy.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If I have to drink beer it's a toss up between Fat Tire, Corona Extra and Michelob Ultra. Three very different brews, but those are my go-to when I'm not feeling the usual vodka water mix.

jw927

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    To me nothing beats an ice cold Corona with a lime. Dos Equis is pretty good also. If you're in the nola area, check out World Market. You can make your own 6 pack there too. Rouses also has a good variety of beer.

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    Guinness (just one,maybe 2, they're filling), Dos Equis (dark), St Arnolds Lawnmower (especially when hot, like after lawn mowing), and when on draft, good ole Abita Amber!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    Corona with a lime cut and stuck off in it, Michelob Ultra, and Budlight if you're tight on money. College had got me stretched a bit thin so Budlight has been my regular go to lately.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Chimay. I like the blue.

This is obviously a recommendation from someone with impeccable taste. I tend to vacillate between the red and blue label...

Chimay is more of a sipping beer, if I want a few beers with a meal, Shiner Bock is a good one. I stay away from Corona, but Modelo and Negro Modelo are pretty good if you are feeling south of the border. Hoegaarden, Leffe, are good choices if your local store has them. A nice Lambic is good every once in a while if you are feeling 'fruity', I like Lindeman's Framboise. The Lindeman's Cherry (Kriek) is good too.

It may come as a shock to people, but I like beer. :eek3:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I don't know where you're located, but in Metairie there's a store called Dorignacs, and they have a fabulous liquor department. In that department, in the aisle of beer, there are mini-kegs of Warsteiner - "Eine kunigen unter den bieren" Man! If that ain't true! It's a pilsner, and the kegs cost $20, and I keep three or four in my beer-fridge at all times. Its taste is similar in style to Fat Tire, but infinitely better in - "quality". If you get to Metry, drop a sawbuck on Dorignacs, and try this stuff. It really really will make your day.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Also, check with the local stores, sometimes they have tastings, sometimes free from one vendor, or an open one you have to pay a little to get in, but usually worth it depending on what they are offering.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I usually have Abita Amber or Andygator around just to drink when I want something better than Miller Lite. Usually when I want something good, I go for a stout or IPA. Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is one of my longtime favorites. Old Engine Oil is another good one.

Really wish we got Dogfish Head here. There are quite a few others my friends in other states have (and not necessarily local stuff to them) that I can't find anywhere. I've been meaning to send one some money to pick me up a sampling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    They started bottling it last fall. Had a very expensive night that I don't remember when they hit the shelves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Corona is probably one of the worst Mexican beers there is. Mexico tap water might actually taste better. Try a Bohemia or Negra Modelo the next time you're at a Mexican restaurant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom